When I shared the methi dal recipe a couple of days back, I had few more bunches of methi/fenugreek leaves with me. The cabbage always taste so much better with the methi leaves. I use methi in a wide variety of dishes like methi gosht, methi gobi, aloo methi, methi dal, prawn methi, chicken methi and the list goes on. My husband simply loves the methi leaves and my fridge is never out of stock for the methi. I am sure my blog will be filled with a lot of methi recipes in the future, insha ALLAH..
The easy cabbage recipe with methi is really a very simple recipe. Quick to make and delicious to taste, I make it ever so often. The slightly bitter taste of the methi leaves complement well with the sweet taste of the cabbage.
Let’s get started with the easy cabbage recipe along with the methi leaves.
Until next time,
What You Need:
- 1 head cabbage (approx 750 gms), finely shredded
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 4 bunches of methi leaves, leaves separated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
How To Make:
- Heat oil on medium flame in a skillet and add mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds splutter, add the cumin seeds and garlic.
- Add onion and fry till translucent. Add in the tomato and cook till tender.
- Lower the flame and mix in the shredded cabbage, salt, chili powder and cook till half done.
- Now add the methi/fenugreek leaves and cover with the lid and cook on low flame till done.
Stir occasionally to prevent the cabbage getting burnt from the bottom.
Nutrition Value: (estimates)
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you like this recipe.