Karahi Chicken Recipe is a delicious Pakistani recipe which is so simple and easy to make. This is a quick and easy to make Kadai Murgh Recipe.
One of the easiest and tastiest karahi chicken recipe, Pakistani that I have made. This easy Karahi Chicken Recipe or the Kadai Murgh, Pakistani is very simple to make and all the ingredients could be put together quickly.
How to make this karahi chicken recipe.
Make this with a small chicken or that which is less in weight. Smaller chicken would tenderize easily on a kadai. You can try it with boneless chicken too, but it won’t taste the same as it does with whole chicken. All the spices are ground together and added to the lightly fried chicken and there is no onion in it.
This recipe was adapted from the Bajias cooking on Youtube. It is pretty much different from the karahi gosht that I have posted previously. The quick and easy karahi chicken recipe, Pakistani can be made while short on time.
What is a karahi or a kadai
Karahi or kadai is a circular and deep cooking pan. This is similar in shape to a wok. You can get karahi or kadai in cast iron, stainless steel, copper-bottomed, aluminum, non-stick or even in clay pot.
You will find lovely kadais in the market that you can choose from.
Things to remember while making karahi chicken recipe.
- For best taste and flavor, use a clay kadai.
- You can also use other kadai.
- Always use freshly ground powder.
- Marination will help tenderize the chicken faster. For best results, marinate overnight. If short on time, you can also skip the marination.
How to serve
Step by Step Pictorial of making the kadai chicken
- Take cumin seeds, black peppercorn and spices in a mixie jar.
- Make a fine powder of it.
- Marinate chicken with ginger garlic paste, tomato paste and salt for two hours or overnight.
- Heat oil in a kadai and cook the chicken.
- Cook till oil separates.
- Add yogurt and cook till chicken is done.
- Add ground masala powder, coriander leaves and green chili. Saute for couple of minutes till masala is coated well. Serve hot.
Karahi Chicken Recipe, Kadai Murgh, Pakistani
Watch the Video
What You Need:
- 1.25 kg approx.2 lb chicken, cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 green chili
- 2 tomato, made into paste
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- salt to taste
- 5 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup yogurt, beaten
- 3 tbsp coriander leaves/cilantro, finely chopped
How To Make:
- Marinate the chicken with ginger garlic paste, tomato paste and salt for at least 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a kadai and fry the chicken in it till oil separates. Add yogurt and cook till oil separates again.
- Grind together cumin seeds, black peppercorns, garam masala powder, and red chili powder. Add this powder to the gravy along with green chili.
- Cook till the masala is well coated to the chicken. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Cooking time will vary according to the size of your chicken.
- You can also add crushed chilli flakes instead of red chili powder.
Nutrition Value: (estimates)
Signing off until next time,
This recipe was originally published in July 2015. New Image, Step by step photos and video have been added. The recipe has been made printable and checkboxes added for following the steps easily in September 2018. No changes have been made to the recipe though.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to email@example.com.
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave your comment below and give a star rating.
Snap a picture and send it to our Facebook page.