السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Biryani recipe, How to make Dum Biryani restaurant style
This is a Basic Dum Biryani which is the most widely found version throughout India and the rest of the world.
You will be amazed at the simplicity of the preparation of this Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Biryani recipe unlike the hype that it’s very difficult to prepare Biryani.
I more often make this Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Biryani recipe which is most easy to make and just so easy. I would make the marinade a day before and just prepare the rice the next day.
I bet making biryani couldn’t get any simpler than this. You should certainly try this Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Biryani recipe if you love easy recipes.
Ingredients for Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Biryani recipe, How to make Dum Biryani restaurant style
- 1 kg basmati rice, washed and soaked in water for half to one hour.
- 1 chicken, cut into medium sizes
- 1/2 cup oil or ghee
- 4 onions, finely slices
- 2-3 green chilies
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 cups yogurt
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- salt to taste
- whole garam masala (1 bay leaf, 1 inch stick cinnamon, 2 cardamon, 2 cloves, 1/2 teaspoon shahi jeera, 1 teaspoon cumin seeds)
- handful of mint and coriander leaves
- red food coloring or saffron soaked in milk(optional)
Method for making Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Biryani recipe, How to make Dum Biryani restaurant style
- 1.Heat the oil/ghee and fry the onions until brown.
- 2.Add the onions to the chicken along with green chilies, ginger garlic paste, yogurt, chili powder, coriander powder, salt to taste, mint and coriander leaves. Marinate this for 24 hours or atleast overnight.
- 3.Fill a large vessel with 3/4th water. Add 2 teaspoon oil, salt and garam masala.
- 4.Bring it to a boil and add rice.
- 5.When the rice starts boiling, cook for a further minute and switch off the flame. Don’t drain the water as this will allow the rice to cook further when you transfer to chicken.
- 6.Place the marinated chicken in a large pan to cook the Biryani.
- 7.Transfer the half cooked rice on top of the marinated chicken by a small strainer. By the time you have transferred the whole rice, the bottom layer would be cooked 50% and the top layer would have cooked 70%.
- 8.Garnish with coriander and mint leaves on top. Drizzle 2 teaspoon ghee on the rice. Mix in the food coloring or saffron now.
- 9.Cover with foil, place the lid and keep a timer, cook on HIGH flame for 5 MINUTES.
- 10.LOWER the flame and cook for 10 MINUTES.
- 11.Place a tawa on low heat and keep the pan and cook for further 20 minutes. Switch off the heat.
- 12.Wait for sometime before you open the lid. Mix very gently. Your delicious Dum biryani is ready. Serve with Raita