Dry Fruit Chikki recipe is one of the most famous sweet dishes in India. It is a healthy alternative to candy.
For more such recipes please visit the following links
It is mainly made during the winter seasons. When the climate is cold and chilly, this chikki is just perfect to munch on.
The Dry Fruit Chikki recipe gives you the ultimate taste.
The dry fruits used in this sweet dish make it really delicious. The ingredients used are pretty simple and are easily available.
The Dry Fruit Chikki recipe is one of those traditional sweet dishes that is equally popular in both rural and urban areas. It is particularly famous with the kids. They will simply love the crunchiness and sweetness.
It is in form of dense bar. This chikki is highly nutritious and contains rich nutrients like proteins, iron and Vitamin E. It can satisfy one’s hunger. The dry fruits used perfectly blend with each other.
This Dry Fruit Chikki recipe is the perfect blend of taste and quality.
The innovative cooking sets it apart from anything else. The special taste and flavor that remains fresh all the time makes it to the top of the sweets list.
This sweet is tasty as well as full of nutrition and is always fun to eat. It has easy ingredients and the process of making it is relatively easy too as it requires not much hard work and neither is it time – consuming.
One need not be precise and careful while making it. As this dry fruit chikki recipe is pretty forgiving. You can pretty well add your favorite nuts.
The beauty of this dessert is that it retains all the flavors of the ingredients even after being cooked. It doesn’t lose its crunch and crisp.
The perfect combination of different ingredients along with dry fruits makes it a dish worth trying. This dish can be made from different dry fruits according to taste. It blends the taste perfectly and gives a spectacular aroma.
The dish when taken into mouth gives a burst of flavors at once. The dish keeps all the flavors intact avoiding them to lose their charm and aroma.
The dry fruit chikki recipe can be stored for up to 2 weeks in an air tight container. So when your kids come back hungry from school, you can just serve them this amazing chikki. And be peaceful that you have served something healthy and nutritious.
Let’s get started with the Dry fruit chikki recipe
Dry Fruit Chikki Recipe, how to make dry fruit chikki
- 2 cups pitted dates sliced
- 1 cup almonds crushed
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts crushed
- 1/2 cup pistachio crushed
- 2 tbsp ghee / clarified butter
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 5 tbsp honey or as required
- Take a pan and add the almonds, cashew and pistachio. Cook these nuts till they are lightly golden brown in color and crunchy.
- Remove the roasted nuts from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the ghee and dates.
- Cook on low heat till the dates are soft.
- Next add in the caradamom and roasted nuts and mix well.
- Mix in the honey well.
- Mix well till all the honey is thoroughly coated to the nuts. Remove from fire and allow the mixture to cool.
- Take a tennis sized ball of the dry fruit mixture while it is still lukewarm. Working your hands, make it into cylinder shaped.
- Wrap it with foil paper and place in fridge for couple of hours.
- Once chilled, take them out from fridge and cut into small pieces.
- Your delicious dry fruit chikki is ready.
You can see the video recipe below.
Signing off until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to email@example.com. Appreciate your help.