Doodh peda recipe or the milk peda recipe with step by step photo and video instructions is a very simple dessert that is made with just 2 ingredients. All you need is some mawa or khoya and some sugar. That’s it, a delicious dessert will be ready in no time at all just like the Kesar peda.
What are the ingredients for making the doodh peda recipe?
The doodh peda recipe is made with this mawa or khoya and sugar. If you have the mawa with you, it is just a breeze to make this sweet. We just add the mawa and sugar and cook till it forms a lump.
What is mawa?
The other name for mawa is khoya. It is dried thickened milk. You can either get it from any Indian Sweet Shop or you can make it at home. The process of making the mawa or khoya is pretty simple. But at the same time, it is very time-consuming. All you have to do is simply reduce the milk until it has totally condensed till the last drop.
You can cook it on medium-low flame while stirring. You can make this ahead of time and freeze it. It stays good for quite some time. But if you do not have the patience or time to make the mawa, simply buy it from the shop.
How do you make doodh peda recipe with khoya and sugar?
Mix the khoya and sugar and cook till it forms a lump. Once it is cooked, we just have to wait for sometime to cool down. Then make it into the desired shape while still warm. You can either roll it flat and then cut into the desired shape or simply make it into discs with your hand.
Just remember to bring the mawa to room temperature if you have frozen it. You can add in some cardamom powder too. That would give an awesome flavor to it. You can also top it with any kind of dried nuts.
Pro Tips / Important things to remember while making the doodh peda recipe
Step by step pictorial of the doodh peda recipe with khoya
- Take a non-stick pan and add the khoya and sugar.
2. Mix both the sugar and khoya well. You can also add the cardamom powder at this point.
3. Once the khoya and sugar is mixed and starts cooking, you will notice that it will dissolve into a liquid. Keep stirring to prevent burning.
4. The mixture will start thickening as you keep stirring. Cook on low medium heat. High heat will burn the mixture easily.
5. The doodh peda mixute will start leaving the sides of the pan as you keep cooking.
6. Switch off the heat as it forms a lump. Allow cooling a little. Make desired shapes while it is still warm. Serve after it cools.
Serve it at room temperature as a dessert.
More dessert recipes:
How to make the Doodh Peda Recipe with Khoya or mawa
Doodh Peda Recipe with Khoya
Watch the Video
What You Need:
- 250 gms mawa or khoya
- 1/4 cup or as per taste sugar
How To Make:
- Bring the khoya or mawa to room temperature if it is frozen.
- Take the khoya and sugar in a pan and cook until the sugar has dissolved.
- Cook on low heat till it forms a lump. Remember to stir continuously to avoid it getting burnt.
- Turn off the heat and wait for it to cool down.
- While it is still warm and at a temperature that you can handle, take small lemon sized balls and make into discs. Or roll it and make into desired shape.
- You can make the pedas into any shape that you desire.
- Garnish with any nuts of your choice.
Nutrition Value: (estimates)
Signing off until next time,
This recipe was originally published in May 2017. New, Image, Step by step photos and video have been added for the better understanding of the users. The recipe has been made printable in November 2018.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to email@example.com.
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave your comment below and give a star rating.
Snap a picture and send it to our Facebook page.