السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Dilpasand recipe – Coconut filled Buns. A delicious bun recipe which is filled with the grated coconut, chopped almonds and tutti fruity bits in a bread dough and baked to perfection.
An immensely popular bun recipe which you will find in almost most of the bakeries in Chennai. We would get hot, hot coconut filled buns from the bakery and finish it off right away.
It is known as Dilpasand recipe there. I even find it in supermarkets here in Dubai. There are some supermarkets which sell it along with the bakery items.
Dilpasand recipe is a pretty popular recipe which is a great snack which goes well at tea time.
You will have to make a bread dough first and in the meantime get the coconut filling ready.
Unlike the other bread recipes that are posted on my blog, you will have to knead this dough a little bit, as the more you knead, the more it will rise. Or alternatively you can use the chicken bread dough recipe for making the dilpasand recipe
Start with making the dough with flour, sugar, salt, yeast in a mixing bowl. Pour warm milk over it and knead it into a dough. Now add some olive oil over it and mix well.
Cover and let it sit in a warm place of 1 to 2 hours till the dough rises into double. Next make the coconut filling by slightly toasting the grated coconut and adding with the tutti fruity, chopped almonds and sugar. Work the dough again and knead well. Roll out the dough into a disc like shape or any other shape that you like and spread the coconut mixture on it. Roll out another disc shaped dough and place it on top.
Close and firmly press against the edges to completely seal it. Bake till golden brown in color. Cut into slices and serve warm or at room temperature.
I have used the freshly grated coconut for this Dilpasand recipe but ideally it is made with the dry coconut. As I had the fresh coconut at home, I have made with it. You can substitute with the dry coconut flakes as well.
Let’s get started with the Dilpasand recipe – Coconut filled Buns
Dilpasand recipe-Coconut filled Buns
What You Need:
- 2 cups all purpose flour / maida / flour no. 1
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 250 ml milk, heat it till lukewarm
- 2 cups coconut, grated
- 1 cup tutti fruity
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
How To Make:
- Make the dough by adding the all purpose flour, yeast, 2 tbsp sugar and salt. Mix the dry ingredients.
- Now add the lukewarm milk and knead to a sticky dough. Mix the olive oil and knead well. Cover with a damp muslin cloth and allow it to rise for an hour or two till it has doubled in size.
- After the dough has doubled, knead again till it is soft.
- Meanwhile lightly toast the coconut over low flame or in oven. Allow it to cool and mix the chopped almonds, sugar and tutti fruity. Mix well.
- Roll out the dough like a chapati and spread the coconut filling on it. Roll out another dough and place on top of it. Press firmly across the sides to seal the edges.
- Pre heat the oven to 190 C and bake for 20 minutes or till golden brown in color.
- Remove it from oven and allow it to stand on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Cut into slices and serve warm or at room temperature.
- The Dilpasand recipe can be stored for three to four days in an air tight container.
For more bread recipes try
Chicken Bread Roll recipe
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.