Indian Fried Fish recipe with step by step photos and video instructions is a simple, easy and a very tasty seafood dish. It takes no time to make this Indian Fish fry just like the South Indian Fish Curry. Made with simple Indian spices, this Indian Fish Fry is a mouthwatering dish. It tastes really yummy with crispiness on the outside and soft inside.
What are the health benefits of Fish?
Fish is packed with protein, vitamins, and nutrients that can lower blood pressure and help reduce the risk of a heart attack or stroke. Try this simple deep fried fish recipe to get the abundance of goodness with a delicious taste.
How do you marinate fish for frying Indian style?
The fish is washed and the spices along with besan flour applied to it. Then it is allowed to rest in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before frying in hot oil.
Which fish is good for Indian Fish Fry in India?
You can make this Indian Fried Fish with any kind of fish that you like. You can make with King Fish, Barracuda, or even Catla. I have made this fish fry with the Barracuda slices.
What are the ingredients required for making the Indian Fried Fish Recipe?
It is pretty easy to make the Indian Fish Fry recipe. All you do is take the salt, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, besan and ginger garlic paste. Make a batter with some water and coat the fish well with this thin batter. Next, marinate this fish for 30 minutes and fry in hot oil till brown in color.
Pro Tips / Important points to remember while making the Indian Fish Fry recipe
Step by Step pictorial process of making the Indian Fried Fish recipe
1. Take the garam masala, salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and coriander powder in a bowl.
2. Add the besan or gram flour. Besan is nothing but chana dal powder.
3. Add sufficient water and mix to make a thin batter.
4. Dip the fish in the batter and coat well. Place the coated fish slices in a plate and set aside in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. If you are short on time, you can skip the marination and directly fry them.
5. Heat oil in a pan and place the marinated fish slices in the hot oil.
6. Once the fish is fried to golden brown in color, flip over and cook till it turns brown on the other side as well. Remove from oil and serve hot.
Serve the Indian fish fry immediately. It can be served hot along with lemon wedges and onion rings.
For more similar recipe:
- South Indian Fish Curry
- Fish Biryani
- Pakistani Fish Masala
- Fish Fingers
- Vanjaram Fish Fry
- Fish Gravy
- Chettinad Fish Curry
Let’s learn how to make the Indian Fish Fry recipe
Indian Fried Fish
Watch the Video
What You Need:
- 750 gms fish slices
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoon besan, gram flour
- salt to taste
- oil for frying
How To Make:
- Wash the fish thoroughly and add a teaspoon of turmeric and salt and rinse again. This helps in removing raw smell from the fish considerable.
- Make a batter of chilli powder,remaining turmeric powder, coriander powder, ginger garlic, garam masala. besan (gram flour)and salt with little water.
- Dip the fish in the batter one by one and keep aside. Marinate for 30 minutes or you can skip it.
- Heat oil in a skillet and fry fish until brown, turning once and frying on the other side till brown. Serve hot with lemon wedges and onion.
- You can adjust the amount of spice by increasing or decreasing the amount of chili powder in it.
Nutrition Value: (estimates)
Signing off until next time,
This recipe was originally published in April of 2015. It has been retested and updated with reader feedback. New image, Step by Step Photos and Video has been added in December 2018.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave your comment below and give a star rating.
Snap a picture and send it to our Facebook page.