السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Dates Cake recipe, how to make simple dates cake. Jammed with dates, this cake will be a delight to bake. This recipes calls for boiling the dates before mixing in. And small chunks of cut dates gives that crunchy flavor that will leave you asking for more.
This is a must try recipe which will never fail you and will amaze your family and friends. With soft moist texture, and dense dates flavor, the warm cake will get wiped off in a jiffy. You can even add in nuts of your choice for extra crunchiness. If you are an avid fan of more dried fruits, you can even add some more dried fruits like apricot or figs. And, oh yeah! You can even add some chocolate chips too. But I have kept that cake for later and now was in a mood to make pure dates cake recipe.
I had made it today evening, and I am sitting here drafting the dates cake recipe, with tummy full of it. It was wiped off the plate right after shooting. It wasn’t even allowed to cool down properly and was relished pretty warm with a glass of milk. Serve it whenever you like. Serve at breakfast or pack some for kids’ tiffin box or simply serve it up at tea time. The nutrient loaded dates will not only make your family relish this dates cake recipe but will get a lot of health benefits too.
I have a basic cake base recipe and to that I love experimenting with different flavors and ingredients to it and love when it turns out well. This recipe was made with the basic vanilla cake recipe and I just added the dates paste to it.
Let’s get started with the Dates Cake recipe, how to make simple dates cake
Dates Cake recipe, how to make simple date cake
- 1 cup dates (I used 18 - 19 dates)
- 6 dates roughly chopped
- 1 cup water
- 6 tbsp butter room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 cup all purpose flour / maida
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Boil 1 cup dates with 1 cup water till the dates are soft and pulpy about 2 - 3 minutes. Blend into a smooth paste. Set aside to cool down completely.
- Beat together butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add the eggs and beat till creamy.
- Add in the dates paste and mix well.
- Sift together baking powder, baking soda with all purpose flour.
- Add this flour to the dates batter little by little. Gently fold in with a spatula.
- Mix in the vanilla essence and the chopped dates. Transfer this batter to a greased cake pan
- Bake in a preheated oven of 180 C for about 40 to 50 minutes till a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Serve warm over tea or with a glass of milk.
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
For more such recipes try out the following recipes