السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Dal Gosht recipe Pakistani style, is a delicious dal preparation made along with mutton. A famous Pakistani delicacy, it tastes best when served with Roti or Paratha.
Dal Gosht recipe pakistani is nothing but another kind of dal that is made with chana dal or bengal gram. You can either add lemon or the raw mango for the tangy taste.
If the raw mangoes are in season, as they are now, then use it as the dal gosht recipe pakistani tastes amazing with raw mangoes in it. The raw mangoes give a very unique taste to it which is very different from the lime juice. Alternatively, you can totally omit the lemon or the raw mango, if you aren’t so fond of the tangy flavor.
The dal and mutton are cooked separately and mixed together to make an awesome curry which tastes perfect with any kind of Bread. The cooking time of the dal and the mutton varies, and if you try to cook them together, it would turn soggy.
Dal is a regular affair in our home. I make it almost once in every two days. I make a variety of dals like punjabi dal fry, khatti dal, bengali dal, dal makhani and other wide range of dals. Dal Gosht recipe is just another of it’s variation that gets made at my home.
And living in Dubai, a very cosmopolitan city, with as many nationalities as can be, there is no way escaping making lot of different cuisines. And having lot of Pakistani neighbors just makes it easy to learn the Pakistani cuisine which is strikingly similar to ours and yet little different.
There is always a thrill in asking and learning the Pakistani cuisine first hand directly from them. Sometimes you feel there is no borders and we are just part of same region.
Isn’t it cool how many variations that we can do with the humble pulses. Indian and Pakistani cuisine has so many varieties of dal recipes that it will take a life time to explore everything. Each region has its own different, unique and delicious recipes.
But yes, the one major difference between the typical dal gosht recipe pakistani and my version is the use of oil. The traditional daal gosht called for a lot of oil, I have, however, restricted myself to 3 tablespoons.
Let’s get started with the Dal Gosht Recipe Pakistani, Daal Gosht
Dal Gosht Recipe, Pakistani
- 1 cup chana dal/bengal gram
- 250 grams mutton
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 to mato chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 3 garlic cloves peeled
- 2 green chili slit / hari mirch, slit
- 2 small sized raw mango peeled and ground into a paste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder/haldi
- 2 tsp red chili powder / lal mirch
- salt to taste / namak
- 3 tbsp coriander leaver / cilantro finely chopped
- 3 tbsp oil
- In a pressure cooker, add chana dal / bengal gram, salt and turmeric and 2 glasses of water. Close the lid and cook till 3 whistles. Allow the steam to escape and remove this in a bowl and set aside.Do not over cook the dal as we still want the dal to be intact with the mutton
- Now heat oil and fry the onion till golden brown in color. Add ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute.
- Add the tomato and mutton cook for about 5-6 whistle or cook until the mutton is tender. Allow the steam to escape and add the dal to this mutton.
- Add the red chili powder, raw mango paste and coriander leaves, cook on low flame till the raw smell from mango vanishes and oil starts floating on top. You can adjust the water according to your preference. Serve hot.
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
For more such dessert recipes try out the following