السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Dahi Chicken recipe, Chicken in Yogurt Curry, Dahi Wala Murgh. This is one of my personal favorite, chicken marinated in spiced yogurt sauce, fried and then cooked again for making a delicious curry. Simple and Easy to make, you will wiping off the plate from this Indian Style chicken curry.
Young and old, both will love this dahi chicken recipe. Made with red chili flakes spiced yogurt marinate, the chicken will be dropping of the bones.
And the curry is so scrumptious I want to make it with everything. And really, – you could! On meats, seafood, paneer, other veggies, Just let your imagination run wild and enjoy this amazing indian curry with anything and everything.
I would go as far as to say that this indian dahi chicken recipe or the dahi wala murgh is actually quite refreshing rather than the other rich and heavy curries. In addition to the yogurt, the curry has in it lime juice, red chili flakes, black pepper and cumin powder.
The black pepper and cumin flavor is subtle, and to me, the standout is the lime flavor which cuts through the richness of the yogurt.
Isn’t the Indian food just the best that with all the spices and ingredients, it gives such an amazing final result. The flavor really add well to the chicken and it is really a delight to take every bite of it.
Let’s get started with the Dahi chicken recipe or the chicken in yogurt curry, dahi wala murgh, indian
- 1 chicken cut into small pieces, about 1 kg (you can even use this with boneless chicken)
- 2 cups yogurt
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 onions finely sliced
- salt to taste
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- coriander leaves for garnish
- 5 tbsp oil
- Marinate the chicken with yogurt, ginger garlic paste, red chili flakes, salt, black pepper, cumin powder, garam masala, lemon juice for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Shake off the yogurt from the chicken pieces. Reserve the excess marinade.
- Heat oil and fry the chicken pieces till golden brown. Remove from oil and set aside.
- In the same oil, fry the onion till translucent.
- Add the reserved yogurt marinade and cook for couple of minutes. Add the fried chicken pieces and cook till oil starts floating on top of the curry.
- Remove from fire and serve hot garnished with coriander leaves along with rice or roti.
Marinate the chicken with yogurt, ginger garlic paste, red chili flakes, black pepper, cumin powder, garam masala for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Shake off the yogurt from the chicken pieces. Reserve the excess marinade.
Heat oil and fry the chicken pieces till golden brown. Remove from oil and set aside.
In the same oil, fry the onion till translucent.
Add the reserved yogurt marinade and cook for couple of minutes. Add the fried chicken pieces and cook till oil starts floating on top of the curry.
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
For more such recipes try out the following