السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Chicken Vindaloo Recipe in Kerala Style. A delicious chicken curry recipe in Kerala style made with vinegar and coconut oil.
After having shared the Mutton Vindaloo recipe in the Goan style, this chicken vindaloo recipe is in Kerala Style. One of the very important ingredient in the Kerala Cuisine is the use of coconut and here I have used both the coconut oil as well as coconut paste. This style of the Chicken Vindaloo recipe involves using plentiful amounts of spices and chili. The ever so popular chicken dish is a treat for the lovers of spicy food and brings color to any party menu. The bright red color is delight to see.
The Chicken Vindaloo recipe has nothing to do with Aloo. There is garlic and ginger and vinegar and red chillies and whole spices in it and a bit of jaggery to tone down the chilies and give the vinegar some twist. However I have added little less of the chili in the dish. It is spicy but not over the top. You can still taste and enjoy all the flavours. But if you want yours even hotter, just add more chilies. That tends to do the job. And remember to keep the number to call the fire engine nearby, just in case. This Chicken Vindaloo recipe is truly fiery hot.
For more chicken recipes try
- Chicken Handi Recipe-How to make restaurant style chicken handi
- Chicken Rezala Recipe-How to make chicken rezala recipe
- Creamy Indian Chicken Curry recipe
- Kerala Style Chicken Curry Recipe-Kerala chicken curry with coconut
Let’s get started with the Chicken Vindaloo Recipe in Kerala Style
Chicken Vindaloo Recipe Kerala Style
- Chicken 500Grams
- 1/2 tsp haldi / turmeric powder
- 10 - 12 black pepper corns
- 8 cloves
- 5 - 6 green chilies
- 1 tsp jeera / cumin seeds
- 1/4 inch ginger finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 10-12 whole dry red chilies
- 10-12 curry leaves
- 2 inch stick cinnamon / dalchini
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 4 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 medium sized onions finely sliced
- 2 to matoes finely chopped
- 3 tbsp coconut paste
- salt to taste
- Soak the black pepper, cloves, red chili, green chili, cumin seeds, ginger garlic, curry leaves and cinnamon in vinegar for at least half an hour.
- Grind these soaked spices into a fine paste.
- Apply the paste, turmeric powder and salt to the chicken pieces and marinate for at least 2 hours or over night.
- Heat oil in pan and fry the onions till golden brown in color. Add the marinated chicken, tomatoes and cook till the chicken is half done.
- Now mix in the coconut paste and cook till done.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and lemon wedges and serve hot.
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.