This Chicken Spring Roll Recipe is not much different from the Veg Spring Roll that I have already shared with you all. I just add some chicken with the veggies and fill it in the spring roll sheet and a tasty chicken spring roll recipe is ready. Crisp outside and a delicious chicken filling inside, the chicken spring roll recipe is a perfect dish for any party or after-school snack.
I make the chicken spring roll recipe often during the ramadan fasting. I don’t know, but I tend to make all fried items during that time. When the kids are fasting they simply love it too. Even the lil one, R, would be excited when I make it. She would keep muttering, is the “sping” roll ready yet or not?
One of the many variations of the basic spring roll, try this chicken spring roll recipe to satisfy your family’s cravings for a snack.
Until next time,
Chicken Spring Roll Recipe
What You Need:
- 10 spring roll wrappers
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 cup chicken mince
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 spring onions, finely cut
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 cup cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 tbsp oil+ for frying
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp white pepper powder
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornflour/ corn starch
How To Make:
- Heat 2 tbsps oil in a non stick pan. Add onion and cook till translucent.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute. Now add the chicken mince and fry well till the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Mix in the spring onions, carrots, cabbage and salt and toss.
- Add pepper powder and soy sauce and mix. Cook till the vegetables soften.
- Take the pan off the heat and set aside to cool.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai. Make a paste of cornflour with 2 tbsps water.
- Place a portion of the stuffing on one side of each wrapper. Fold in the edges and roll tightly.
- Apply cornflour paste to open end and seal. Keep the rolls under a damp cloth.
- Gently slide into the hot oil and deep fry till golden and crisp. Serve hot.
Nutrition Value: (estimates)
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you like this recipe.