Assalamu’alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh
Chicken Salan, Pakistani Style, Murghi ka salan, Chicken Curry Recipe is a delicious and easy to make recipe.
For more similar recipes try the following
You will find a lot of chicken recipes on my blog. It is pretty much a favorite in my home. If you would have thought that I would have exhausted all the recipes in my kitty, then you will be in for a good surprise.
Today I will be sharing the chicken salan or the murghi ka salan in pakistani style. If you have been following my blog, you would know that I make the Pakistani dishes as often as the Indian food. Living in Dubai, I have become very much accustomed to the Pakistani cuisine as I am to the Indian.
If you are new to the Indo-Pak cuisine, you will be forgiven to think that both the cuisines are same. But there is a good difference between the two. You will know it if you follow either of the cuisine.
I love to make the Pakistani food. And this chicken salan or the murghi ka salan is no different. It is very easy and simple to make. There is no lengthy process involved in making this chicken salan or the mughi ka salan in pakistani style.
You can choose whether to make this chicken curry little dry or gravy. It depends upon what you are serving it with. If you are serving it as a side dish along with some pulao or rice variety. Then you can make it little dry. But if you are serving it with roti or chapati or any desi bread, then make it thinner.
So basically it is your preference how you would like this enjoy this chicken salan recipe.
Let’s get started with the chicken salan or the mughi ka salan in Pakistani style.
Chicken Salan, Pakistani Style, Murghi ka salan, Chicken Curry Recipe
- 1 kg chicken cut into medium sized pieces
- 4 tbsp oil
- 2 green chili slit in middle
- 2 onions medium sized, sliced
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 2 to matoes pureed
- 3 whole dry red chili
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 green cardamom
- 1 inch stick cinnamon
- 2 cloves
- 2 tbsp mint leaves
- salt to taste
- Dry roast the red chili, coriander seeds, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and powder it in a coffee grinder.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the green chili and onion. Fry till the onion turns golden brown.
- Next add in the ginger garlic paste. Fry till the raw smell disappears from it.
- Add in the chicken and fry till all the water dries up from the chicken.
- Throw in the powdered spices, yogurt and tomato puree. Mix well.
- Let it cook on medium heat with the lid covered till the chicken is done. Stir gently in between.
- Add the salt and mint leaves and switch off the flame. Serve hot with roti or rice
Signing off until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to email@example.com. Appreciate your help.