السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Chicken Puffs recipe or the Chicken Puff Pastry, Indian Style a must try snack which will make you nostalgic with the puffs that you used eat from the bakery near your home.
Whether it is veg, chicken or mutton, everyone must have tasted the puffs at least once from your nearby bakery.
While making the samosas and other snacks was easy, but the baking food was out of scope as we didn’t have an oven while growing up. I think in those days, it was pretty common not to own an oven in India as much strange as it sounds now.
So it was but natural that we would always have to rely on bakery bought chicken puff pastry Indian Style, to satisfy our cravings. (Provided the bakery served halaal meat, otherwise we would stick to the veg puffs).
Now with all the ready made puff pastries available, even in India now, there is no excuse that we can skip this easy to make chicken puffs recipe.
With the store bought puff pastry sheet, all you have to do is make a chicken filling of your choice and turn it into an awesome chicken puffs recipe in Indian Style
You can find the puff pastries in the frozen section of the supermarkets in India. You can even add some veggies along with chicken to get an even better taste.
I like to add peas sometimes, as my youngest kiddo loves the peas. The taste is really awesome when you add in the veggies.
However today I just decided to stick to the original chicken puff recipe and not add any veggie and confuse you all.
Just remember you can tweak it according to your family’s preferences.
There is no one way of making any dish. Each family has it’s own unique taste buds and we can make them accordingly. Just remember to follow through the basic steps. Every region of India has it’s own unique taste and spices.
I love the piping hot chicken puffs recipe right out of the oven. It is really fun making the chicken puff pastry or for that matter any kind of puffs, as you can experiment with the filling and make it into fun shapes every time.
Let me know in comments, what is your most preferred filling for the puffs?
Let’s get started with the Chicken Puffs recipe, Chicken Puff Pastry, Indian Style
Chicken Puffs recipe, Chicken Puff Pastry
What You Need:
- 1 packet of puff pastry sheets, makes about 10, I bought the square shape puff pastry sheets which makes 1 puff. If you are buying large sheets, you might have to cut according to your preference
- 500 gms boneless chicken
- 3 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 large onions sliced
- 1/4 tsp jeera / cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tbsps chopped fresh coriander / cilantro leaves
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- 1 egg for brushing
How To Make:
- Boil the chicken with ginger garlic paste and salt with a cup of water. After all the water is evaporated and the chicken is cooked switch off the flame. Allow it cool, cut into very small pieces or finely shred it with hand. Do no use a food processor.
- Heat oil in pan and fry the onion till translucent.
- Throw in the cumin seeds, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder and sprinkle some water. Stir and add the cooked chicken.
- Mix well and add the coriander leaves. Switch off the flame.
- Meanwhile take off the puff pastry sheets from the freezer and follow the instructions on the packet for thawing.
- Place a pastry sheet and put a tablespoon of chicken filling. You can make the puff into any desired shape, rectangular, traingle, in a packet.
- Finally brush the top with the beaten egg.
- Bake for about 15 - 20 minutes at 220 C. Each oven is different, adjust the temperature and the timing according to your oven. Remove when it is nicely golden brown in color.
- Serve hot with some ketchup and tea
Signing off until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
For more such easy recipes try out the following