Chicken Manchurian Dry Recipe with step by step photos and video is a delicious chicken dish that is perfect to serve with chicken fried rice. and easy to make manchurian recipe.
Is Chicken Manchurian a Chineses Dish?
The Indo – Chinese dishes are made so interchangeably, that you would be forgiven to think that it is a typical Indian dish. The restaurant menu without these dishes is quite unimaginable. Almost all restaurants would definitely serve the fried rice with it’s own twist to it.
Though the chicken manchurian is not an authentic Chinese recipe, but it has a lot of Chinese ingredients that are generally not used in Indian cuisine. Ingredients like soy sauce, tomato sauce, corn flour are all influenced by the Chinese cuisine. Hence this dish can safely be called as an Indo-Chinese dish.
Frying the chicken pieces
The coating for this chicken is what makes all the difference for the chicken manchurian dry recipe. Just the right amount of strong flavor without being overpowering. The chicken is coated with egg, corn flour, salt, and ginger garlic paste and fried till golden brown before adding them to the sauce.
Can you make the manchurian in a healthy way
You can, of course, make chicken manchurian in a healthy way. All you have to do is bake the chicken pieces instead of frying. Bake them until golden brown and reduce the amount of oil while preparing the base. And you can relish this delicacy in a healthy way too.
Ingredients for making the chicken manchurian dry recipe
The list of ingredients for making this chicken manchurian dry recipe is not really a long one. If you make the Chinese dishes at home, you will certainly have them in your pantry.
All you need is boneless chicken pieces, egg, corn flour, soy sauce, spring onion, capsicum, and some tomato sauce or ketchup.
So if you have these ingredients you can start preparing the chicken manchurian dry recipe right away.
Pro tips / Important things to remember while making this dish
- You can make this dry chicken manchurian recipe with boneless breast pieces of chicken. Or you can also make with boneless chicken thighs.
- Fry the chicken pieces till golden brown for the crunchy flavor.
- Separate the green and white part of the spring onion. Use the white part while frying the onion and green part to garnish.
Step by step pictorial of making the Dry Chicken Manchurian recipe
- Mix the corn flour, soy sauce, ginger garlic paste, egg, and salt with the chicken pieces.
- Mix well to fully coat the chicken
- Heat oil and fry the chicken pieces till golden brown. Once the chicken pieces are golden brown in color on both sides, remove from oil with a slotted spoon. Set aside on a kitchen towel.
- Take oil in a pan and add the onions,green chili, garlic, and the white part of the spring onion. Fry lightly for a couple of minutes.
- Add the green capsicum and fried chicken pieces. Saute for further couple of minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and soy sauce. Adjust the salt according to your taste now. Soy sauce is salty in nature too, so be careful with the salt. You do not want to end up with salty chicken manchurian.
- Finally, add the cornflour paste. Give it a good stir as the cornflour tends to thicken fast and form lumps. Garnish with spring onion and serve hot immediately.
You can serve this chicken manchurian dry recipe with chicken fried rice accompanied by the chicken manchurian gravy recipe, and you will have a perfect combo for your weekend meal.
Serve hot immediately.
Let’s get started with the Chicken Manchurian Dry Recipe, How to make Chicken Manchurian
Chicken Manchurian Dry Recipe, How to make Chicken Manchurian
- 500 gms boneless chicken pieces cut into cubes (either chicken things or chicken breasts)
Ingredients for frying the chicken
- 1 no. egg beaten
- 2 tbsp cornflour / corn starch
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oil + for frying
- 5 cloves garlic finely chopped
Ingredients for preparing the manchurian
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped
- 2 no. green chilies finely sliced
- 1 medium sized green capsicum cut into thin strips
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- 3 stalks spring onion finely chopped (white and green part separated)
Preparing chicken manchurian dry recipe
- Mix egg, 1 tbsp cornflour, salt, ginger garlic paste and 1 tbsp soy sauce in a bowl. Add the chicken pieces and mix well.
- Heat oil for frying in a pan and deep fry the marinated chicken pieces till golden brown. Do not over crowd the pan as the coated chicken pieces tend to stick to each other.
- Remove them from fire and set on paper towel.
Frying the chicken
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan on medium high heat and fry the onion, white part of the spring onion, green chili and garlic lightly.
- Toss in the green capsicum and fried chicken pieces and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, soy sauce, and mix well.
- Take the remaining 1 tbsp corn flour in half a cup of water and add this to the chicken. The chicken pieces will get coated thoroughly with it.
- Add the green part of the spring onions and give it a stir and remove from flame.
- Serve hot with chicken fried rice and chicken manchurian gravy.
- You can either use the breast pieces or the chicken thighs.
- Separate the green and white part of the spring onion. Use the white part while frying the onion and green part for garnishing.
Signing off until next time,
This recipe was originally published in February 2016. Step by step photos and video have been added. The recipe has been made printable in October 2018.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to email@example.com.
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave your comment below and give a star rating.
Snap a picture and send it to our Facebook page.
Hiba abbas says
The chicken looks so tender and yum
goodness gracious this looks amazing.
April @ Girl Gone Gourmet says
This is new to me and it sounds so delicious! Great recipe – will add it to my “must make” list 🙂
So many great flavors going on in this dish! Pinning for future reference! Thanks
Molly Kumar says
Omg, this looks soooo good. I love Chicken Manchurian and this is tempting me so much. Just give me a steamed bowl of rice n I’ll be in food heaven 🙂
Amber @ Slim Pickin's Kitchen says
This dish looks so amazing both Indian & Chinese foods are my weakness so I’m only assuming that an Indo-Chinese dish would be as well. Gonna make this soon!
Very nice Fareeha!your clicks are awesome!really tempting!