Yes, I am back with another barbecue-grill recipe. With Summer in full swing, I guess many of you will be enjoying the outdoors in many parts of the world. And what can be better recipes to try than chicken garlic tikka, paneer tikka, grilled chicken and chicken malai tikka.
The juicy, succulent Chicken malai Tikka recipe is a rich and melt in the mouth dish. The chicken malai tikka is very soft and mild, I am sure the kids would enjoy it. Chicken malai tikka is as soft as amalai if marinated and cooked properly. For any grill recipes, marination plays a key role in its softness. The more you marinate, it tastes better with all the spices getting incorporated into the meat.
For more recipes:
How to make chicken malai tikka recipe
Chicken Malai Tikka Recipe
- 750 gms boneless chicken cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp Salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp white pepper powder
- 1/2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/4 cup cashew nut made into paste
- 1/4 cup Cream
- Olive oil for basting
- Bamboo Skewers soak in water for an hour
- Mix together ginger garlic paste, butter, salt, white pepper powder, corn flour, cashew nut paste, cream and vinegar in a bowl.
- Add the boneless chicken pieces to this mixture and coat well. Marinate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 400°F/Gas Mark 6 or prepare a charcoal grill or tandoor.
- Thread the marinated chicken pieces onto skewers and cook in the preheated oven or grill basting with olive oil. About 10 minutes in oven and 6 minutes in grill or tandoor.
- Turn over, baste with oil again and cook the other side till done. About 10 minutes in oven and 3-4 minutes in grill or tandoor.
- Serve hot with mint chutney and naan.
Signing off until next time,
This recipe was originally published in March 2015. It has been retested and updated with reader feedback. The recipe has been made printable and checkboxes added for following the steps easily.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to email@example.com.
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave your comment below and give a star rating.
Snap a picture and send it to our Facebook page.