السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Chicken Keema Biryani Recipe – A delicious and simple to make chicken keema biryani recipe made with chicken mince and basmati rice in aromatic spices.
You will lot of biryani varieties on my blog. Ranging from Ambur Mutton Biryani recipe-How to make Ambur Biryani, Mutton Keema Pulao recipe-Recipe for Mutton Mince Pulao and Pakistani Chicken Biryani Recipe-Chicken Biryani Pakistani Style among many others.
When I can’t think of what to cook on a lazy day and I have some boneless chicken or chicken keema resting in my fridge, I straight away attack it to make a delicious chicken keema biryani recipe. Chicken keema biryani recipe is fairly simple compared to the other biryani recipe
Just remember to fry the keema properly to remove any raw smell from it. Adding in some spices and cooked rice will give us an amazing mutton keema biryani recipe.
Not only does this chicken keema biryani recipe promise to fulfill your meaty needs, but it is also sure to leave a tingling sensation – that of utter satisfaction. Chicken is lower in calories as compared to mutton. Secret to a great chicken keema biryani is the way it is cooked. The chicken keema requires a lot of sauteing rather than cooking in water. If the chicken keema masala is well sauteed, the biryani will taste good too.
Let’s get started with the Chicken Keema Biryani Recipe
Chicken Keema biryani recipe
- 500 gms basmati rice soaked for 30 minutes
- 500 gms chicken keema / chicken mince
- 2 green chili slit
- 3 onions finely sliced
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 to matoes finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup yogurt beaten
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 lemon juiced
- salt to taste
- 4 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp ghee/clarified butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 inch stick cinnamon
- 2 cardamom
- 2 cloves
- 1 tsp shahi jeera
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 tbsp coriander leaves/cilantro finely chopped
- 4 tbsp mint leaves/pudina
- Heat oil / ghee in a large pan and add the bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon sticks, cardamom, shahi jeera and green chili and fry for 30 secs
- Add onions and fry till golden brown. Add the ginger garlic paste and saute for another 30 secs.
- Next add the chicken mince/ keema and cook till all the water has dried up and the keema becomes brown.
- Stir in the red chili powder, coriander powder, salt, tomato and yogurt. Cook till the tomato has cooked and oil start leaving the sides of the pan.
- Mix in the lemon juice, coriander leaves/cilantro and mint leaves. Saute this chicken masala really well. Switch off the flame and set aside this gravy while you get the rice ready.
- Boil sufficient water in a large vessel to cook the rice. Add salt and a tbsp of oil to the water. The oil helps to keep the rice seperate. Add rice to the boiling water.
- Cook rice to 70% (This step is absolute crucial. Do not leave the kitchen at this point. If you don’t know how to identify the cooking of the rice. See notes below).
- Add rice to the keema gravy. Do not mix. Add a teaspoon of ghee on top of the rice.
- Cover with foil and close the lid. The foil do not let the steam escape.
- Place on a tawa and cook on low heat for 15 minutes. If you do not have a tawa, cook on low flame for 10 minutes. (see Notes)
- Mix the rice and gravy gently before serving. Serve hot with Raita or bagare baingan
When you cook on a tawa, the bottom doesn’t get burnt.
Some people cover the lid edges with chapati dough to conceal the steam. Lazy me, opt for foil instead.
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.