Chicken Jalfrezi recipe or the Murgh Jalfrezi with step by step photos and video instructions is a deliciously simple chicken dish that is so amazingly easy to make. Just like the Tawa Chicken recipe, this gets ready in a jiffy.
You can make this dish in either dry form or curry form. Today I will show you how to make the dry version. In sha ALLAH, I will blog about the curry version of it too some other day.
Do you need to marinate the chicken for making the chicken jalfrezi recipe?
Yes, you can marinate the chicken when you have time. The chicken would be soft and tender. But if you are short on time, then you can simply make it without any marination. You can totally skip on the marination time. It would still taste absolutely amazing.
What pepper goes in this jalfrezi?
I only had the green capsicum or bell pepper at home. Hence I have just made with them. But you can make the Chicken Jalfrezi recipe with other types of capsicum too. I especially love them when I add the red and orange capsicum. It gives a very good look and presentation to this amazing dish. So if you have the other colors of the capsicum, then definitely do add them. It would totally elevate your dish.
What spices go in this murgh jalfrezi?
You can serve this Chicken Jalfrezi recipe as a side dish with a wide variety of recipes. It tastes good with any type of roti or any type of rice.
Pro Tips / Important things to remember while making this chicken jalfrezi recipe
Step by Step Pictorial Process of making the Chicken Jalfrezi Recipe
1. Take the chicken pieces in a bowl and add the red chili powder, black pepper pwoder, ginger garlic paste, and salt.
2. Mix well to coat the chicken pieces well with the spices. You can either marinate this for 30 minutes or directly start cooking.
3. Heat oil in a pan and fry the capsicum slices. Fry for a couple of minutes on high heat till they turn lightly change the color but still stay crisp. Remove from oil wth a slotted spoon and set aside.
4. In the same oil, add the diced onion and fry. Again, fry till they slightly change the color yet retaining the crispiness. Drain from oil with a slotted spoon and set aside too.
5. Next, in the same oil, fry the chicken till golden brown in color.
6. Add the tomato puree. You can make the tomato puree along with green chili for extra spiciness.
7. Mix well and cook until oil starts separating from the masala.
8. Add the fried onion and capsicum and fry on high heat for few more minutes. Remove from heat and serve hot.
Serve it hot immediately.
I personally love it with some Jeera Rice Recipe. I feel the Chicken Jalfrezi tastes absolutely awesome with it. But you can serve it with a whole variety of rice dishes too. Let your imagination be the boss.
The Chicken Jalfrezi recipe tastes amazing even with the Chinese dishes. Sometimes, I serve this when I make the Egg Fried Rice. So basically there are a whole variety of dishes that taste awesome with this versatile dish.
More similar recipes:
So let’s get started with this Chicken Jalfrezi Recipe
Chicken Jalfrezi Recipe
Watch the Video
What You Need:
- 750 gms boneless chicken, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 capsicum, red or green, cut length wise into strips
- 2 medium sized onion, diced
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- salt to taste
- 2 tomatoes, pureed
How To Make:
- Marinate the chicken pieces with ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, black pepper powder, and salt for 30 minutes or you can start cooking immediately.
- Heat oil in a wide pan and fry capsicum till it slightly changes color. Drain from oil and set aside the capsicum.
- In the same oil, add the diced onion and fry till it lightly changes color and is still crispy. Drain from oil with a slotted spoon and set this onion aside too.
- In the same oil, add the marinated chicken and fry well till golden in color. Now add the tomato puree and cook till it is cooked and coated with the chicken.
- Add in the fried capsicum and onion and fry on high heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from oil and serve hot.
- Add any color of capsicum that you have.
- You can skip the marination if short on time.
Nutrition Value: (estimates)
Signing off until next time,
This recipe was originally published in November of 2016. It has been retested and updated with reader feedback. New images, Step by Step Photos and Video has been added in January 2019.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave your comment below and give a star rating.
Snap a picture and send it to our Facebook page.