Chicken Fatayer recipe – A deliciously fulfilling fatayer recipe, an Arabic bread made with chicken topping.
This deliciously chicken fatayer recipe is perfect for any family occasion. Baked with delicious chicken filling and feta cheese and aromatic hot spices there won’t be a piece to spare after you make it. Well, this chicken fatayer recipe is just like the cheese fatayer recipe except in different shape. It’s not hard to make restaurant-style fatayer at home if you have a strong fatayer dough recipe. It will be a breeze to make them at home and the options are simply limitless what you can achieve with it. My tried and tested fatayer dough recipe is simple and straightforward. And you can turn it into a delicious chicken fatayer recipe in just about half an hour. You will use familiar ingredients that you likely have in your pantry. Nothing strange, nothing difficult, nothing scary. Sweet, simply and easy. There is no wrong way to the chicken fatayer recipe.
There is nothing like getting to learn a new cuisine and loving it. I am so grateful to be here in Dubai, enjoying the Arabic cuisine and learning. It is not so heavily spiced like our Indian dishes and yet the flavors are so amazing. Each dish that I try, I am super amazed at the flavors and taste and the super simplicity of it. This Chicken Fatayer recipe too is pretty simple to put together, even the dough is really very easy to make.
For more Arabic / Middle Eastern recipes try Yemeni Chicken Haneed Recipe, Farrouj Meshwi Recipe-Arabic Garlic Chicken recipe, Kunafa Recipe-Knafeh Recipe with Kataifi or Traditional One Pot Harees Recipe
Let’s get started with the Chicken Fatayer Recipe
Chicken Fatayer Recipe-How to make fatayer
What You Need:
- 21/2 cups all-purpose flour / maida
- 1 packet / 11 gms instant yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup whole milk, lukewarm
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, lightly crumbled
- 2 tsp onion seeds
- 2 tbsp oil
- 250 gms chicken boneless, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp crushed red chili flakes
- 1 tsp arabic spices powder
- salt to taste
How To Make:
- Heat oil in a pan and add the chicken, ginger garlic paste, red chili flakes and Arabic spices powder. Cook till the chicken is tender. Shred this chicken finely and allow it to cool.
- Once the chicken is cool, add the onion seeds, feta cheese and salt. Mix this filling well and set this aside while you get the dough ready.
- Meanwhile in a bowl, add yeast, sugar, salt and yeast to the milk.
- Add this milk to the all purpose flour and mix.
- Now add in the olive oil and knead for about couple of minutes. Cover with damp muslin cloth and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, make small dough balls.
- Roll out the balls in a circle shape and place a tablespoon of the chicken mixture in the middle.
- Fold it from the sides to form a square or rectangle.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 180 C for about 15 - 20 minutes. Serve hot.
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.