How to make Chicken Corn Soup recipe.
Chicken Corn Soup
- 1 medium sized chicken cut into pieces and cleaned
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 quarts water
- 1 cup package frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stock pot cover chicken and onion with water. Cook slowly until tender, or pressure cook it.
- Remove chicken, let cool and remove meat from bones.
- Cut meat into 1 inch pieces, discard skin and bones. Cut corn from cobs if using fresh corn.
- Add corn, cut up chicken, celery to stock pot and season with salt and pepper. Simmer soup for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, salt, and enough milk to form small crumbs.
- Drop it into soup. Simmer for 15 minutes and serve hot.
- You can adjust the consistency according to your preference.
- Add more water for thinner consistency and less water for a thicker version.