As I promised yesterday that I would post the homemade chicken bread after giving the recipe for the chicken filling, so here I am. The very delicious and very simple chicken bread roll recipe. I simply love the way it looks, braided and stuffed chicken bread. Even though I have been making the chicken bread roll for some time, but there is always a sense of satisfaction to see the golden brown braided and stuffed chicken bread come out perfectly.
The Chicken Bread Roll is such an amazing recipe that every time I make it, it never goes wrong. I got this recipe from Fauzia’s Kitchen first. Ever since I have been following the same with wonderful results. I use this recipe for the bread and use a variety of fillings including chicken, keema or just plain veggies. Hopefully I’ll share with you all the recipes in coming future, in sha ALLAH.
You can just make this homemade chicken bread roll from any leftover chicken too, like the tandoori chicken, chicken tikka, chicken malai tikka, grilled chicken or even chicken 65 recipe. This is an amazing way to use up your leftover dishes including any mutton or veggie recipes. Though I am paranoid of making bread in the kitchen, this is one recipe that I love to make again and again without any difficulty. I simply love the sheer ease of it. Nothing like seeing the dough rise and watching it become soft, fluffy and brown. I fondly keep looking through the oven mirror like a small kid every time I bake anything. Baking and getting it right is something which I really cherish and enjoy to the core.
I have shared the recipe for the shredded chicken masala for the filling here. But like I mentioned before, you can always use the filling your choice for this chicken bread roll. I have seen other recipes which call for using readymade bread and stuffing it with the filling but I love it when we make the recipe right from scratch. And the best part is, it doesn’t require extra kneading too unlike the pizza base where I have to knead and knead and knead some more to get the perfect pizza base.
I, truly, hope that you try this chicken bread roll recipe and enjoy it. All you have to do is allow the yeast to activate and add this to the rest of the ingredients. We then knead it into a soft dough and allow it to rest for an hour covered with a damp cloth. The dough will rise and is ready to make the bread.
After the dough is ready, roll it into a rectangular shape and place the chicken filling in the middle. Make the cuts in slanting lines on both sides.
After making the cuts, fold the layers alternatively on top of each other till the end. Either leave the last two layers or fold it up like I have done. And bake it for 20-25 minutes before relishing this amazing recipe.
Serve it with any curry of your choice for the perfect meal.
Let’s just get started with the Home-made Chicken Bread Roll Recipe.
For the chicken filling click here
Homemade Chicken Bread Roll Recipe
- 3 cups chicken filling
- 4 cups plain/all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp instant yeast
- 2 tbsp milk powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 egg plus one for glazing
- 1 tsp sugar
- lukewarm water as required
- Add half a cup of lukewarm water to the yeast and sugar and leave it to activate for 10 minutes.
- When the yeast has risen, add the all purpose flour, milk powder, salt, egg and oil. Add more warm water as required to knead it into a soft dough. Cover this dough with a damp cloth with 1 hour. The dough would have risen after an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Divide the dough into three parts.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangular shape.
- Place 1 cup of chicken filling in the middle.
- Make slits on either side of the filling as shown in the picture above.
- Now fold one slit over the other alternatively till the end.
- Brush it with egg wash for a more golden color.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and apply butter if you wish. Allow it to rest for couple of minutes before serving.
For the filling, shredded chicken filling recipe
Signing off until next time,
This recipe was originally published in October 2015. It has been retested and updated with reader feedback. The recipe has been made printable and checkboxes added for following the steps easily.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to email@example.com.
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave your comment below and give a star rating.
Snap a picture and send it to our Facebook page.