السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Cheese Manakish Recipe – A simple and tasty Arabic Flat Bread topped with delicious cheese and baked to perfection.
Living in Dubai exposes us to the delicious Arabic cuisine which otherwise would have been lost on us. Apart from the delicious other Middle Eastern dishes like the Easy & Best Chicken Shawarma Wrap recipe, Chicken Fatayer Recipe-How to make fatayer or the Cheese Fatayer recipe with fatayer dough recipe, the Cheese Manakish recipe is also a hot favorite here. You would find it in almost all the supermarkets. You will find different flavored manakish. Be it with cheese, zaatar, labneh or even meat. And every place that I have tried has different taste. And all of us like different breads from different places. Ha ha.. And it is pretty hard to select one favorite place which could satisfy all of us. So there is always someone who is not happy with place we order. Well, that was until I started making the Manakish at home. The Cheese Manakish recipe was so fool proof that each one of us liked it and totally relished it.
Today, I will be sharing the Cheese Manakish recipe, in sha ALLAH you will find more varieties later on. Even making the Manakish dough is pretty simple and easy to put together and it does not take a long time to make. We do not let it rise like the other dough recipes for a long time. It will hardly take just 20 to 30 minutes to put together the dough and flatten it. You can gather your ingredients, pre – heat your oven and start with making the dough. I have used equal mix of halloumi and mozarella cheese. But you can make it with any kind of cheese that you like. I have even tried it with the feta cheese and quite liked it too. But my first preference is always halloumi as I prefer to use the feta when making the fatayer. You can experiment with different kind of cheese till you are satisfied with the flavor.
Let’s get started with the Cheese Manakish Recipe-Manakesh Cheese recipe
Cheese Manakish Recipe-Manakesh Cheese recipe
What You Need:
- 21/2 cups all-purpose flour / maida
- 1 packet / 11 gms instant yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup whole milk, lukewarm
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup halloumi cheese, shredded
- 1 egg, beaten
How To Make:
- Add yeast, sugar, salt and yeast to the warm water. Let it activate for 5 minutes.
- Add this water, milk and the beaten egg to the all purpose flour and mix.
- Now add in the olive oil and knead for about couple of minutes. Cover with damp muslin cloth and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, make 4 dough balls and roll into circles with the help of a rolling pin while dusting with flour.
- Spread the shredded halloumi and mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 180 C for about 15 - 20 minutes. Serve hot.
For more Arabic / Middle Eastern recipe, try Kunafa Recipe-Knafeh Recipe with Kataifi
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post