السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Chakli recipe, How to make chakli. Another of chakli recipe, this time made with besan or the gram flour. A delicious snack loved both by kids and adults alike.
Yes, you have been seeing a lot of snack on my blog lately. With the examinations over, the kids are home and I need to keep them satisfied that they do not crave for any packaged stuff. I hate the store bought chips and the juice packets which are loaded with preservatives and artificial flavors. But kids will be kids and they will need some snack or the other. What better way that we can control our ingredients even for the snack that we serve to kids and be at peace that it is at least laced with any outside preservatives or artificial flavor.
If you have already seen my previous Rice Flour chakli, you will be wondering, what is the difference as this is also made with rice flour. But if you see the ingredient list carefully, you will notice that instead of the urad dal, I have added the besan or the gram flour here. Yes, you do not have to worry about roasting or powdering the dal now and straight away mix the rice flour with the gram flour or besan. Sounds simple, right!!
And if you do not have the patience to make the chaklis into round and circle discs, just place it over the hot oil and drop it into spiral shape. It will taste just as awesome. After all, the tongue doesn’t know any shape.
Let’s get started with Chakli recipe, How to make chakli
What You Need:
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1/2 cup besan / gram flour
- 2 tsp butter, melted
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp jeera / cumin seeds, optional
- 1 tsp kalonji, optional
- oil for frying
How To Make:
- In a bowl, besan / gram flour, rice flour, salt, butter, jeera and kalonji and mix.
- Add water little by little and make it in a dough. The dough should neither be too stiff or soft, just like a chapati dough consistency.
- Put the dough in the chakli maker and make chaklis of desired shape.(Alternatively you can even press it above the hot oil directly and make spiral shapes. it wont be perfect round but does save a lot of time making the round shape.)
- Heat oil on medium flame. Carefully pick the chaklis from the flat spoon and place it in hot oil. Fry till lightly golden brown in color. Transfer to a paper towel and allow it to cool. Store in air tight container.
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
For more such recipes try out the following