Cauliflower Fry recipe with step by step photos and video instructions is a delicious and crispy gobi fry recipe. It is such a versatile dish that you can serve it with rice, chapati or as an appetizer. Kids would simply love it as a finger food just like gobi pakora.
How to make the perfect crispy cauliflower fry recipe?
Cauliflower fry recipe or the gobi fry recipe is simplicity at its best. This dish is quick and easy to prepare and serves the purpose of a delicious side dish. All you need is to boil the cauliflower florets and fry them with the spice powders. This cauliflower fry recipe or the gobi fry recipe is also good when you want to prepare a side dish on a short notice. Two more similar fry recipes which can also be made as a side dish are the potato fry and cauliflower stir fry.
How to clean the cauliflower?
Many times, cauliflower might have insects in them. Ensure to remove all of them carefully before cooking. Cut the florets into small pieces and check between them to find any insects. Remove them. You can also soak them in warm water with vinegar in it for extra precaution.
How to blanch the cauliflower perfectly?
Bring the water to a boil along with salt. Once the water starts boiling, add the cauliflower florets. The water will stop boiling at this point. When the water starts boiling again, switch off the flame and strain from the water. You can either boil the cauliflower in salted water or you can even microwave it on high for 2 minutes.
What are the ingredients used for making the batter for cauliflower fry recipe?
There are very few ingredients used in this recipe. All you need is the
- corn flour
- all-purpose flour
- garam masala powder
- ginger garlic paste
- red chili powder
That is all you need for making the crispy cauliflower fry recipe.
Pro Tips / Important Points to remember while making the cauliflower fry recipe
Step by Step Pictorial for making the gobi fry recipe
- First, start by cleaning the cauliflower thoroughly and cutting them into small florets. Next, prepare to blanch them. Take water in a vessel and add salt to it. Bring it to a boil.
2. When the water starts boiling, add the cauliflower florets. The water will stop boiling when you add the cauliflower. Allow the water to come to a boil again. Once the water starts boiling, remove from heat.
3. Place a strainer and drain the cauliflower from the water. Set aside this blanched cauliflower until it cools down.
4. Prepare the batter by taking the all-purpose flour, corn flour, ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, garam masala powder and salt in a bowl.
5. Add sufficient amount of water to prepare a smooth batter. The batter should not be too thick or too thin. Check the video to find out the exact consistency.
6. Mix well to form a smooth batter without any lumps in it.
7. Next, take the blanched and cooled cauliflower florets. Dip them in the prepared batter one by one.
8. Drop them in hot oil one by one. The oil should be medium-high. Too high will burn the cauliflower fry and too low will make the cauliflower fry recipe to turn soggy.
9. Fry until golden brown in color. Drain from oil using a slotted spoon and set on a paper towel before serving.
Serve it hot immediately.
Serve it as a snack or as a side dish with rice.
More cauliflower recipes:
Let’s learn how to make the Cauliflower fry recipe or the gobi fry recipe
Cauliflower Fry recipe, Gobi Fry recipe
- 1 big head of cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- oil for frying
Blanching the cauliflower
- Bring a bowl of water with salt to boil. Add the cauliflower florets. The water will stop boiling once you add the cauliflower. Once the water comes to a boil again, switch off the heat
- Remove the cauliflower florets from the water. Drain the water using a strainer. Alternatively just microwave on high for 2 minutes.
Preparing the Batter for coating the cauliflower
- Make a batter of corn flour, all-purpose flour, red chili powder, garam masala powder, salt and ginger garlic paste with some water. Mix well to remove any lumps from it.
How to make the cauliflower fry recipe
- Dip the cauliflower florets in this batter and fry in hot oil till golden brown.
- Remove from hot oil and keep on kitchen towel to absorb the oil.
- Serve hot.
- You can either boil the cauliflower or microwave it.
- Remove the insects if you have any from the cauliflower before starting the cooking process.
Signing off until next time,
This recipe was originally published in March 2016. New, Image, Step by step photos and video have been added for a better understanding of the users. The recipe has been made printable in November 2018.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to email@example.com.
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave your comment below and give a star rating.
Snap a picture and send it to our Facebook page.