السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Black Pepper Chicken Curry Recipe or the Kali Mirch Murg ka Salan is, as the name suggests, made with black pepper as it’s main ingredient. Pretty simple and quick to make, it can be made with both boneless or the bone-in chicken pieces. I have chosen to make it with the boneless chicken as that is the preference for my kids.
Just remember to freshly ground the black pepper for the maximum flavor. Maximum flavor, I’m not exaggerating. Warm and juicy chicken in each bite with perfectly spiced black peppery saucy goodness. With lot of health benefits to it, the black pepper seemed like a perfect ingredient to make. The feed back I’ve been getting about sprinkling (yes, on and off) healthier meals into my posts has been inspiring. Who says that Indian food cannot be healthy. So, stay tuned for a few more healthy meals in coming days. In honor of it, I have made this Black Pepper Chicken Curry Recipe with minimal oil. Can I confess something? This is the best curry I have ever made. I gave myself a little pat on the back after tasting it and was totally pleased with the Black Pepper Chicken Curry Recipe.
Freshly grind the spices of black pepper, coriander seeds and other garam masala spices. Fry the oil and add the onion and tomatoes. You will have to coarsely grind the fried onions and tomatoes and add this to the chicken and cook till done. Finally add in some tamarind juice or if you prefer you can add the lemon juice in place of the tamarind. It gives good tangy taste. Or you can totally omit both the tamarind and lemon juice if you prefer. With the black pepper as the main ingredient, you can just play around with the rest of the list. The Black Pepper Chicken Curry Recipe simply tastes awesome any which way that it is made. You can serve it with any kind of rice or any kind of Indian bread.
Let us get started with the Black Pepper Chicken Curry Recipe
Black Pepper Chicken Curry Recipe
What You Need:
- 500 gms boneless chicken, cleaned and cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp black pepper seeds
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 4 - 5 whole dry red chili
- 3 cardamom
- 2 cloves
- 1 inch stick cinnamon stick
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 to matoes, finely chopped
- 1 sprig of curry leaf
- salt to taste
How To Make:
- Dry roast the black pepper seeds, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, dry red chili, cardamom, cloves and cinnamon till aroma starts emanating from them. Allow it to cool and dry grind it to a fine powder. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non stick pan and fry onion till translucent. Add ginger garlic paste, curry leaves, and fry till raw smell vanishes from it.
- Now add in the tomatoes and cook till the tomato is tender.
- Allow it to cool and grind it in a mixer coarsely.
- In the same pan add the remaining oil and add the chicken pieces. Fry lightly and add the onion tomato paste, salt and the dry spices powder. Cook till the chicken is done.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves / cilantro.
For more chicken recipes try Chicken Vindaloo Recipe Kerala Style
Creamy Indian Chicken Curry recipe
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.