السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Bhindi ka Salan recipe, Learn how to make Bhindi Curry easily in this post. A simple and tasty gravy ladies finger curry that will be a perfect accompaniment for your plain rice. Delicious and easy, this gravy will soon become one of your favorite.
The faded memory of learning how to make the bhindi ka salan recipe has actually faded. I have totally forgotten how I learnt this recipe. This is was regularly made at my home like the other gravy recipes like the arbi ka salan or the , I have totally forgotten how this came into existence. The procedure for the basic masala will be same for almost all the gravies with the veggies varying, and yet the taste would be so awesomely different from each other.
This Bhindi ka salan recipe will be slightly tangy, spicy and creamy, which will make you prepare it again and again. It is still my favorite recipe that I like to eat with rice and make it quite often at home and even my kids like it and quietly eat rice with it. Otherwise it is big task to get them to eat rice with any other gravy. So you will find the bhindi ka salan recipe made often in my kitchen.
Let’s get started with the Bhindi ka Salan recipe, How to make Bhindi Curry
Bhindi ka Salan recipe, How to make Bhindi Curry
What You Need:
- 250 gms ladies finger / okra / bhindi, trim the edges and cut into 2 inch long pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped / pyaz
- 1 to mato, finely chopped / tamatar
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled / lehsun
- 2 green chili, slit / hari mirch
- 1 tsp turmeric powder / haldi powder
- 2 tsp red chili powder / lal mirch powder
- salt to taste / namak
- 2 tbsp coconut paste / nariyal paste
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste / imli paste
- 3 tbsp coriander leaver / cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp oil
How To Make:
- In a pan, add oil and fry the onion till translucent.
- Now add the green chili, garlic, tomato, salt, turmeric and cook till the tomato pieces are tender.
- Throw in the cut bhindi, red chili powder and water and cook till it is cooked. (You can alternatively cook it in a pressure cooker to save time. Just 1 whistle of the pressure cooker will be sufficient to cook the bhindi thoroughly)
- Add a cup of water, coconut paste, tamarind paste and coriander leaves, cook on low flame till oil begins to float on top.
- Serve hot with steamed plain rice
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
For more such gravy recipes that you can eat with rice try