السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Besan Sev Recipe, How to make sev. Doesn’t this snack give you fond memories of childhood when it was your favorite thing to munch on. Made with few simple ingredients, this recipe will be more easier than you think.
It can be addictive that once you start munching on these besan sev recipe, it will be hard to stop you from finishing it off. Besan Sev is made all over India and eaten as a snack in almost all parts of the country. It will be a delight to see the freshly fried sev on the racks of the snack shops. Gigantic deep frying pans are filled with boiling oil and the sev dough is passed through the sev makers to make crispy besan sev recipe. They work with such swift hands that it will be impossible to follow their movements.
I still remember how I used to love them as a child and still do. The besan sev recipe is a perfect evening snack which is just amazing with tea. Crunchy, crispy, yummy. What more to ask for a perfect snack. You can store this in air tight container for more than a week, and hence this is a perfect snack which you can make over the weekend for the entire week ahead. It might last more than that, but in my home, it was never left over for so many days.
Pretty simple to make, you can enhance it’s flavor by adding extra ingredients too. I add the red chili powder every time, for the spicy effect, just little which my kids can tolerate. Even they do not enjoy it without the red chili powder and feel it is little bland without it. I add some rice flour for the soft melt in the mouth effect. Yes, that is the sweet little tip for ya!! The rice flour makes the besan sev to melt in the mouth.
Let’s get started with the Besan Sev Recipe, How to make sev recipe
What You Need:
- 2 cups besan / gram flour
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp melted butter
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- a pinch of asefotida / hing
- oil for frying
How To Make:
- In a mixing bowl, add the besan, rice flour, salt, melted butter, red chili powder and hing. Add water little by little to form a soft dough. Neither too stiff nor too soft, just the chapati dough consistency.
- Grease the sev maker with some oil and fill it with dough.
- Heat oil in low medium heat and when it is heated, directly press the sev into the oil.
- Fry on both sides till the bubbles disappear. It won't take long time for this sev to fry. Maybe a minute or two will be sufficient.
- Cover the remaining dough till you finish frying the dough in the sev maker.
- Crush the sev after frying with your hand. Allow it to cool and store in air tight container for a week.
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
For more such recipes try out the following