السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
French Green Beans with Mutton recipe or the beans gosht recipe or the phalli gosht as it is called in my home is another of the veg and mutton combination recipe like the cabbage gosht, methi gosht and the other recipes that I have shared on my blog.
These are the recipes that you wouldn’t find in any restaurants and purely traditional and authentic passed down the generations. It was regular made in my home during my childhood.
Everyone in my household likes the french beans. They like it in the form of just the beans poriyal or the baked beans or in other forms as well.
Hopefully I would share those recipes some day. The french green beans are sometimes referred to as phalli in Urdu.
Though “phalli” is a broader term, it can mean a wide variety of different kinds of beans, but it is mostly referred here to the french beans here.
All you have to do to make this french green base with mutton or the beans gosht is make the mutton gravy like we did in drumsticks mutton recipe and cook the french green beans till done.
It is pretty much the same. You can make most of the vegetables with mutton the same way. You can even add potatoes to the mutton and the french green beans if you like it.
Let’s get started with the beans gosht recipe or the french green beans with mutton curry or the phalli gosht recipe
French Green Beans with Mutton recipe-Beans Gosht recipe
What You Need:
- 500 gms french green beans
- 250 gms mutton
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 to mato, finely chopped
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp freshly grated coconut
- salt to taste
- 4 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves/cilantro
- 3 tbsp oil
How To Make:
- Remove the heads of the green beans and cut them into about 1/4-1/2 inch long pieces
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and fry the sliced onions till translucent.
- Add the mutton pieces and ginger garlic paste and cook till all the water dries up and the raw smell disappears from the ginger garlic paste.
- Add the tomatoes, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt and mix well. Pour 1 cup of water and close the lid of the pressure cooker and cook till the mutton is tender, about 15 minutes or so.
- Allow the steam to escape and add the cut french green beans, grated coconut and pour another cup of water and cook till the beans are cooked and water has dried up. Serve hot with steamed rice or chapati or roti.
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.