Baingan Bharta Recipe is a delicious side dish made with brinjal / eggplant. For me, biryani is just not complete without it.
You will find the baingan bharta being served at all marriages as a side dish along with the biryani. I have become so used to it, that I feel unsatisfied without it.
Though I do not make it so often as my family does not relish it so much, still I do not miss a chance to make it.
It is made with brinjal which is roasted over flame. Then mashed and spiced up. It would be best if you go outdoors for grilling. Whenever we go out for grill, I always take some brinjals with me and roast them in the coal. The taste is simply amazing when you do it that way.
But that is always not feasible, so you can just roast them over flame. The soft, mushy and the smoked brinjals will make the baingan bharta recipe made with most basic spices exotic.
So let’s get started with the Baingan Bharta Recipe
Baingan Bharta Recipe, How to make Baingan Bharta
- 1 large brinjal
- 2 tbsp oil or ghee
- 2 green chili
- 2 onion sliced
- 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 to matoes chopped
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp ghee
- coriander leaves for garnishing
- Wash the brinjal thoroughly and pat dry.
- Roast it over low flame till done.
- Once the roasting is done, keep it covered for 10 minutes.
- Peel the skin and remove the stem. Mash the brinjal coarsely.
- In a kadai, heat oil and add green chili and onion. Fry till translucent.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and cook till the raw smell from it vanishes.
- Next add in the tomatoes and stir.
- Add the coriander powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder and salt. Cook covered till the tomatoes turn soft.
- Add the mashed brinjal and mix well. Cook till all the masala is incorporated well.
- Add the 1 tbsp ghee and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with roti or biryani.
Check out the video recipe below and do not forget to subscribe to my channel.
Signing off until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to email@example.com. Appreciate your help.