Badam Kheer recipe or the Badam Payasam recipe with step by step photos and video is a delicious creamy milk dessert. Filled with an abundance of goodness of almond, this is definitely a must try recipe.
It is neither too thin like badam milk or thick like a pudding. It has an in-between consistency. More like a kheer. And hence the name badam kheer recipe.
For more similar recipes try the following
Good for health
It is really very good for health. If your kids are fussy eaters and are skinny. Then this is the perfect way to serve them. The badam kheer recipe is also a perfect dessert which can be served at parties.
You can reduce the amount of sugar in it. Or better still, use raw sugar in place of the normal one. You can derive the best health benefits from it.
Two ways of making the badam kheer recipe
There are two different ways to make this badam kheer recipe. One is where you soak the almond, peel and grind it into a fine paste and add it to milk.
The other method is where you just make a fine powder of almonds and mix it to milk. If you do not like to remove the skin from the almond, then powdering the almonds will be a better option.
In this recipe, I have gone with the first method where I have soaked the almonds and removed the skin from it.
But it is entirely up to you how you would like to make it. It is more of a personal preference. There won’t be much difference in taste though. If you would like to use the second method, then dry grind the almonds to a fine powder. Finally, you can mix this with milk and boil till it thickens.
You can serve the badam kheer chilled garnished with dried nuts and fruits. You can serve this as an after-school snack to your kids. This badam payasam is great to serve at parties as well. You can also serve this with bread or sheermal roti.
You can even use the condensed milk for enhanced taste. It brings out a nice flavor to the badam kheer recipe / Badam payasam recipe.
Badam Kheer recipe is
- very yummy and tasty.
- simple and easy to make.
- healthy if you use alternate sugar.
- great to serve at parties
- favorite among kids.
Ingredients for making the badam kheer recipe
- milk – a great source of calcium, try using organic milk
- saffron – a lot of health benefits along with giving a good natural color.
- cardamom – flavor enhancer with a lot of medicinal value
- sugar – if used in moderation and natural sugars instead of processed ones, one can minimize the harmful effects
Step by step pictorial
- Soak almonds overnight and remove the skin. Alternatively you can also boil the almonds for 10 minutes.
2. Grind to make a paste.
3. Boil milk and Add cardamom and saffron. Add the badam paste and stir till cooked.
5. Add sugar and stir until it thickens to your desired consistency. Serve chilled.
So let’s get started with the badam kheer recipe, badam payasam recipe
Badam Kheer recipe
Watch the Video
What You Need:
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 litre milk
- 2 cardamom
- pinch of saffron strands
- 1 cup sugar
How To Make:
- Soak the almonds for 6 hours or overnight. Peel the skin and grind to make a paste. Set this aside.
- Bring milk to a boil and add the cardamom and saffron strands. Stir.
- Next, add in the badam paste and continue stirring until the almond is cooked.
- Add in the sugar and stir until the kheer thickens or it reaches your desired consistency.
- Serve chilled.
- You can also boil the almonds for sometime in water. Allow to cool and peel the skin. Proceed to cook as per procedure.
- Garnish with any dried nuts or fruits of your choice.
- Serve chilled for best taste
- You can also serve this with bread or sheermal.
Nutrition Value: (estimates)
Signing off until next time,
This recipe was originally published in September 2016. Step by step photos and video have been added. The recipe has been made printable in October 2018.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave your comment below and give a star rating.
Snap a picture and send it to our Facebook page.