Badam Halwa Recipe or the almond halwa recipe is another of the dessert recipes that is delicious. Made with almonds and khoya, this halwa should certainly not be missed.
Badam Halwa Recipe, Almond Halwa with Khoya
- 2 cups almonds
- 1/2 cup milk
- pinch of saffron
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 - 4 cardamom
- 1 cup sugar more or less according to your sweet preference
- 250 gms khoya / mawa
- 3/4 cup ghee
- Soak the almonds for about 6 hours or overnight.
- Peel the skin.
- Grind the almonds using milk to make a paste
- Soak the saffron with little hot milk for half an hour.
- Take a kadai, add water, cardamom and sugar.
- Cook until sugar dissolves.
- Next add in the ground almond paste and saffrom.
- Cook until the mixture has thickened a bit.
- Now add the khoya or mawa. Stir.
- Add 1 tbsp ghee at a time. Stir and cook while occasionally adding ghee.
- Cook till it has formed a lump and ghee starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- Serve warm.
For the video recipe check below
For more dessert recipes check out the following links