Badam Chikki Ladoo is a very nutritious dessert. Made with almond and jaggery this is a very tasty and healthy alternative to other desserts.
I like to use jaggery or honey in place of sugar whenever I can. And making this badam chikki ladoo is one of the many ways that I like to incorporate alternate to sugar.
It is very easy to make this badam chikki ladoo. All you have to do is get the right consistency for the jaggery syrup. It should form a hard ball consistency. When you drop the jaggery syrup in water, you should be able to form a ball. Another way to check is the two string consistency. When you press the syrup between your fingers, you should be able to see strings.
Confused? I do not know how else to explain the process. You can check out the video representation of the same below. I hope that explains what I want to convey.
So let’s get started with the Badam Chikki Ladoo, Almond Jaggery Balls
Badam Chikki Ladoo, Almond Jaggery Balls
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 cup jaggery
- ghee for greasing
- Roast the almonds on low flame lightly. Crush them and set aside while you prepare the jaggery syrup.
- Grease a plate with ghee.
- Take the jaggery in a pan along with little water. Cook until the jaggery is dissolved.
- Once the jaggery has been dissolved, strain using a sieve. This is to remove any impurities present in it.
- Again cook till you form a hard ball consistency or the two string consistency.
- At this stage add the chopped almonds.
- Cook until fully mixed and remove from fire.
- Transfer this mixture to the greased plate.
- Allow to cool. Make any shape of your choice while it is still warm.
For video recipe check below
Signing off until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to firstname.lastname@example.org. Appreciate your help.