Andhra Mutton Fry Recipe or the Mutton Vepudu with step by step photos and video instructions is a very delicious and spicy lamb preparation. The spicy andhra mutton fry is a very delicious mutton fry recipe made with the lamb meat. You can even try the andhra chicken fry on the blog.
How do you make the Andhra Mutton Fry?
Not many spices are used for this recipe. It is more about the technique that we use to make this andhra mutton fry recipe or the mutton vepudu so tasty. We first cook the mutton till done along with the ginger garlic paste. then fry it thoroughly before adding the spices and fry till perfection.
The spicy andhra mutton fry recipe or the mutton vepudu gives out a great taste like that of a kabab which makes this dish a favorite with kids too.
Can you adjust the spiciness in the Andhra Style Mutton vepudu?
Yes, you can always increase or reduce the amount of spice in it according to your family’s taste. But what is an Andhra dish without being spicy? Andhra and the Telangana food are known for their spices especially the chili. If one family member prefers more spicy food over others, you can first make according to everyone’s preference. Then remove the food, and then add more chili powder for making it spicier.
PRO TIPS / IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER WHILE MAKING THE andhra style mutton vepudu
Step by step pictorial of making the Andhra Mutton Fry recipe
- First prepare the mutton by washing it with wheat flour, vinegar and turmeric powder. This helps to remove the raw smell from it. Next, take a pan or pressure cooker. You can take any pan that you prefer. Cooking in pressure cooker will reduce the time, but cooking on stove top in clay pot will have a really great taste to the Andhra Mutton Fry Recipe. Add the turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste and salt to the mutton pieces.
2. Add sufficient water according to the quality of your meat. The tender the meat is, the faster it will be cooked. If you are cooking in pressure cooker, the amount of water will be reduced greatly.
3. Cook until the mutton is soft and tender, and all the water is dried up from it. Add the oil now and fry well.
4. Next, throw in the roasted cumin powder and red chili powder. Mix well to fully coat the mutton pieces.
5. Fry well till the mutton is totally browned. Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves, green chili and lemon wedges.
Serve the Andhra Style Mutton vepudu with plain hot rice and some Hyderabadi Khatti Dal. This also serves well with roti.
Serve this dish hot garnished with coriander leaves, chopped green chili, and lemon wedges.
You can find more mutton recipes here:
Learn how to make Andhra Mutton Fry Recipe, Andhra Style Mutton Vepudu
Andhra Mutton Fry Recipe, Mutton Vepudu
Watch the Video
What You Need:
- 500 gms mutton pieces, bone in or boneless (cut into small pieces)
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste, adrak lahsun paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp red chili powder, lal mirch
- 2 tsp cumin powder, jeera powder
How To Make:
- Cut and clean the mutton pieces thoroughly.
- Cook the mutton pieces in a pan along with ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder and salt with sufficient water till done. If you are using the pressure cooker, add a cup of water and cook for about 3-4 whistles.
- Cook till the mutton is tender, and all the water dries up from the mutton. If using pressure cooker, allow the steam to escape from the pressure cooker and cook till all the water is dried up from the mutton pieces.
- Add oil to the mutton, and fry till it is nicely browned.
- Now add the cumin powder, red chili powder. Fry till the raw smell vanishes from the spices and mutton is browned well
- Your delicious andhra mutton fry recipe is ready to serve. Serve with coriander leaves, chopped green chili and lemon wedges.
- Wash the mutton pieces with turmeric powder, wheat flour and vinegar to remove the raw smell from it.
- Cut the mutton pieces into really small pieces for best taste and results.
- Add or reduce chili powder according to your preference.
Nutrition Value: (estimates)
Signing off until next time,
This recipe was originally published in July 2016. New, Image, Step by step photos and video have been added for better understanding of the users. The recipe has been made printable in November 2018.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to email@example.com.
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave your comment below and give a star rating.
Snap a picture and send it to our Facebook page.