السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Amla Thokku Recipe or the Indian Gooseberry Pickle is a delicious pickle made with the loaded with health benefits of Amla. The Amla Thokku Recipe or the Indian Gooseberry Pickle is super easy to prepare, spicy, and uses raw amla which give it an unique flavor due to it’s sourness.
This pickle is more like an instant achar recipe, as you don’t have to marinate the amla in salt for days or dry it like other pickle recipes. This Amla Thokku Recipe or the Indian Gooseberry Pickle is an adapted version from my Ammi’s mango thokku recipe which she used to make with so much ease. I have applied the same spices which she used to make with the raw mango but I have used the grated Amla instead. As the good raw mangoes are still not in the market, I will share the mango thokku recipe later, in sha ALLAH.
Amla Thokku Recipe or the Indian Gooseberry Pickle will stay good for a week outside in an air tight container but if you keep in refrigerator it will stay good for a longer time. You can even mix this with plain rice and it will make an amazing instant Amla rice just like that.
Let’s get started with the Amla Thokku Recipe or the Indian Gooseberry Pickle
What You Need:
- 10 - 12 Amla, grated
- 2 red chili powder
- 1 tsp methi seeds / fenugreek seeds
- 2 tsp jeera / cumin seeds
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 3 - 4 whole red chili
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- salt to taste
How To Make:
- Lightly roast methi seeds and cumin seeds. Dry grind to a fine powder and set aside.
- Heat the oil and add mustard seeds till they splutter. Add the whole dry chili, curry leaves and garlic. Fry lightly and remove from fire and add the red chili powder. Allow it to cool.
- While the oil cools. grate the amla and add salt.
- Add the methi and cumin powder to the amla and mix well.
- Stir in the cooled oil to the grated amla. Store in air tight container in refrigerator.
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
For more such recipes try out the following