السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Aloo Methi Gosht recipe-A beautiful combination of fenugreek leaves with potato made in a mutton curry. The aloo methi gosht recipe is indeed a pure delight to taste.
Potatoes and fenugreek leaves with mutton are a lovely combination together. If you have not tried the methi gosht before, you should definitely give it a try. This aloo methi gosht recipe has a lot of flavor and bitterness of methi (fenugreek) leaves is gently subdued with the sweetness of the potato and the mutton gives out an amazing twist of taste to the curry.
You can find a lot of methi recipes in my blog, like the gobi methi, cabbage methi and aloo methi paratha. My husband loves the methi leaves so much and I am a big fan of the potatoes. So this aloo methi gosht recipe makes everyone happy at home. You can grow the methi leaves at home too if you have the space or garden. It is always a fool-proof harvest. As we don’t get the methi with two leaves here, I prefer to grow them as often as possible at home. The taste is absolutely fantastic when it is grown.
Remove the leaves from the stems of the methi/fenugreek leaves. Wash the methi leaves thoroughly under cold running water. Check to see if the leaves are clean and devoid of any muddy particles on them.
This is a pretty easy dish to make and turns out quiet superb. You can serve the aloo methi gosht recipe with plain rice and dal. Or you can even serve it as a side dish with roti, nan or chapati.
So let’s just get started with the aloo methi gosht recipe
Aloo Methi Gosht Recipe-Aloo Methi Gosht ka salan
- 500 gms mutton cleaned and cut into small pieces
- 3 potatoes peeled and diced
- 4 bunches of fenugreek leaves removed from stem and cleaned
- 2 onions finely sliced
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 to mato finely chopped
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 4 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves/cilantro
- 3 tbsp oil
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and fry the onion till translucent. Add the ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell from the ginger garlic has vanished.
- Add the mutton pieces and and cook till all the water dries up.
- Now add the tomatoes, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt and mix well. Pour about a cup of water and close the lid of the cooker and cook till the mutton is done, about 15 minutes in pressure cooker.
- Allow the steam to escape and then add the potatoes. Mix well. Cook on low heat till the potatoes are half-done. Now add the fenugreek leaves/methi and cook on simmer till the potatoes are fully cooked.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.