Ask any one what is their favorite vegetable, I am sure most of them will say it is the humble aloo or potato. And I am no different. When I was small I could talk potato, walk potato and sleep potato. In fact I was so fond of anything to do with the potato that one of my cousin used to tease me that whenever he visits our home, I am always eating potato… Lol!!!
This aloo matar dry recipe, as the name suggest, is made of potato and peas. What a delightful combination!! Two of my favorite veggies in one dish. Now that’s what I call a perfect recipe. This aloo matar dry recipe is no rocket science. All I have done is added some personal touch by adding the peanuts. That’s it!!
So let me not go on and on about the absolutely delicious taste of it and get started with the aloo matar dry recipe.
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you like this recipe.
Use the below recipe to take an easy printout for your reference later
Aloo Matar Dry Recipe
What You Need:
- 4 medium sized potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup green peas, shelled
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp peanuts
- 2 whole red chili
- 1 sprig of curry leaf
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- salt to taste
How To Make:
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add the mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds begin to splutter, add the cumin seeds, peanuts, curry leaves, whole dry red chili and garlic cloves. Fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and saute till lightly brown. Now all the potato and add a cup of water and close the lid and cook on low heat till the potato is half done.
- Mix in the green peas, turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt and cook till the potato and green peas are thoroughly cooked. Serve hot with peas pulao or roti.