السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Aloo Ki Tahari – Vegetable Tahari recipe. A one dish wonder made with rice and potatoes in aromatic Indian spices. And it’s made from scratch – no ready made or the store bought masalas here, please. This main dish is full of flavor and texture, while coming together quick and seamlessly!
The list of spices might seem a little long but they are something which you would use in most of your Indian dishes. And you can definitely use the desi ghee or the clarified butter for the distinct flavor which oil can never achieve. Aloo Ki Tahari – Vegetable Tahari recipe is my pride and joy. It’s a dish I bring to the table ever so often and get quite some praise for it. Is anyone else here who love the simple and easy dishes like I do. I much prefer a delicious, tasty yet simple and easy recipe any day over the long and elaborate preparations. And this Aloo Ki Tahari or the Vegetable Tahari recipe is the perfect dish for me which gets cooked pretty easily without much fuss.
An interesting part of this recipe is that the Aloo Ki Tahari-Vegetable Tahari recipe is cooked with the jeera kasala rice or the normal ponni rice. You can experiment it with any kind of rice you like. I have made it with the basmati rice like I did with the Mutton tahara recipe which I shared a few days ago. Add any vegetable that you like for the pure veggie Tahari.
Let’s get started with the Aloo Ki Tahari-Vegetable Tahari recipe
Aloo Ki Tahari-Vegetable Tahari recipe
What You Need:
- 500 gms potatoes, peeled and diced
- 21/2 cup basmati rice
- 4 tbsp oil
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 2 green chili, slit in middle
- 11/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 4 cloves
- 4 cardamom
- 1 inch stick of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 2 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- salt to taste
- mint and coriander leaves, for garnish
How To Make:
- Wash the rice and soak for half an hour.
- Heat oil in a large enough pan and fry the onions till translucent.
- Add the green chili, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon and ginger garlic paste. Cook till the raw smell from the ginger garlic paste has vanished.
- Now fry the potatoes till lightly browned.
- Add in the tomatoes, salt, turmeric powder and red chili powder. Add a cup of water and cook for about 10 minutes. By this time the tomatoes will be pulpy and tender and potatoes cooked.
- Now add 4 cups of water and bring it to a boil.
- Add the soaked rice and cook on low flame until rice is done - about 15 minutes. Switch off the flame and do not open the lid for another 15 minutes.
The cooking time of the rice also depends on the rice, just ensure the right quantity of water.
For more similar recipes try
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.