Aloo Gobi Methi Sabzi, Dry is a tasty combination of Potato and Cauliflower with fenugreek leaves which is stir fried with minimal oil. A healthy and tasty dish which tastes equally good with roti or rice.
For more similar recipes try the following dishes
There are few vegetables that your whole family would love. I am pretty sure that Potato and Cauliflower with methi must be somewhere on everyone’s list. So why not combine these two well-loved veggies and make them into an amazing dish.
The Aloo Gobi Methi Sabzi, Dry tastes well with both roti or rice. Just make some roti or chapati and serve it along with this amazing Potato Cauliflower Stir Fry recipe. If you intend to make rice and dal, then making this Aloo Gobi Methi Sabzi is even more easier.
I like to steam my vegetables while my rice gets cooked in the rice cooker. I keep the vegetables to half cook in the steamer before adding them to my dish. It not only saves you time, but is a very healthy alternative (if you overlook the calories present in potatoes 😉 )
And cooking becomes very easy too. All you have to do is just temper and add in the steamed veggies. What better way to cook and relish any recipe.
Making the Aloo Gobi Methi Sabzi is a dry recipe. We can even make it like a curry and relish it. Though the method of making that is different. In sha ALLAH, I’ll post it at a later date.
As for today, I will show you the Aloo Gobi Methi Sabzi, Dry recipe. You will have to half cook the potatoes first before adding in the cauliflower and finally adding in the fenugreek leaves. The cauliflower gets cooked faster than the potatoes. If you add both the potato and cauliflower together, then the cauliflower will get mushy. The Aloo Gobi Methi Sabzi, Dry wouldn’t taste as good if the cauliflower is mushy.
And as the methi leaves get cooked in no time at all, it is best to add them at final stages. The addition of methi leaves just elevates the otherwise simple dish to another level. The sweet taste of cauliflower and potato perfectly compliments the bitter taste of the methi leaves.
So let’s just get started with the Aloo Gobi Methi Sabzi, Dry Potato Cauliflower Fenugreek Stir Fry Recipe
Aloo Gobi Methi Sabzi, Dry Potato Cauliflower Fenugreek Stir Fry Recipe
What You Need:
- 400 gms cauliflower, cut into medium sized florets
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 bunches methi leaves / fenugreek leaves, leaves removed from stems
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 7 - 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 - 3 whole dry red chili
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- salt to taste
How To Make:
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds. When they start spluttering, add in the garlic, whole dry red chili, cumin seeds and onion.
- When the onion is lightly browned, add the potato and cook covered on low heat till the potatoes are half done. (Cook on very low heat, the steam in itself will cook the potatoes. Do not add water, cooking covered on low heat helps the steam to release. Keep stirring in between to prevent burning)
- When the potatoes are half cooked, add in the cauliflower florets, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt. Again cook on low flame till they are done. Remember to stir in between.
- Finally add the methi leaves and cook for 2 to 3 more minutes before switching it off.
- Serve hot with roti or rice.
Signing off until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to firstname.lastname@example.org. Appreciate your help.