السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Al Baik Chicken recipe. A popular counter part to KFC Chicken, this recipe is just so mouth watering that you will never go back to any fast food chains after you try this at home.
If you have ever been to Saudi Arabia, you must have surely taste the Al Baik Chicken. If not, then surely do try it out on your next visit there. And those of us who had the oppurtunity to have relished up, only miss it so much that no other fast food joint will satisfy your cravings for the Al Baik Chicken recipe. Well, so what do we do, apart from flying over every weekend to Saudi, which is not possible!!! We make our very own chicken, with the full satisfaction that it is home made, no preservatives, no artificial flavoring, clean, hygienic. What else do we need then!!
When I was searching for the perfect Al Baik Chicken Recipe, I was led to various recipes, none which satisfied me. The one that came close and that I followed to an extent was from Khana Pakana. I added my own spices and elements in it and tweaked it to come up finally with this recipe. The results were amazingly delicious and were gobbled up in a jiffy. I had a tough time doing the clicking for this chicken as they were hard to be still on the plate without the lurking hands around. So I had to do away with “in action” photo shoot.
If you prefer a deeper coating, apply the egg and flour coating twice. But if you prefer it otherwise then you do a single coating and still find it really crisp. I have used the skinless chicken as no one eats the chicken with skin in my home. But if you are one that loves to eat it with the skin on, then please do so.
Let’s get started with the Al Baik Chicken Recipe, How to make Al Baik Chicken
Al Baik Chicken Recipe, How to make Al Baik Chicken
What You Need:
- 1 large chicken, cut into 8 pieces (with or without skin)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 tbsp garlic paste
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 3 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme, optional
- 1 tsp dried parsley, optional
- 1 cup self raising flour, you can also use all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- salt to taste
- oil for frying
How To Make:
- Prick the chicken pieces with fork.
- Mix together olive oil, ginger paste, garlic paste, lemon juice, cinnamon powder, 2 tsp red chili flakes, black pepper powder, dried thyme, dried parsley and salt.
- Marinate the chicken with the above spices for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix the self raising flour, 1 tsp red chili flakes and salt in a large zip lock bag and mix well.
- Dip one chicken piece at a time in the beaten egg. Transfer this chicken piece to the zip lock bag and seal it. Shake well till the chicken is well coated with the flour. (You can repeat the process for extra crispiness). Set the coated chicken pieces on a plate.
- Fry it in hot oil till done. I time the frying part for the perfect cooking. I generally cook on high heat for 5 minutes and then medium heat for approximately 10 minutes. It gets cooked perfectly for me.
- Your delicious Al Baik Chicken recipe is ready to serve with garlic or hot sauce.
Do not over crowd the frying oil, fry them in well spaced oil.
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
For more such recipes try out the following