Achar Gosht Recipe with step by step photos and video instructions is a very simple and easy way to make this awesome mutton recipe. The achar gosht recipe goes well with rice, khichdi, peas pulao or chapati.
What is Achari Masala?
Achar is otherwise known as the pickle. Achari Masala is nothing but a type of pickle masala that is used in a variety of ingredients.
What is Achari Gosht recipe?
Achari Gosht recipe is nothing but a mutton dish made with achari masala. The mutton is first cooked along with ginger garlic paste. Freshly ground masala paste is added to the mutton and fried again. This achar gosht recipe is a must try. You can never go wrong with this recipe. The freshly ground spice powder adds a unique flavor and the aroma that emanates from the achar gosht masala is amazing. It’s pretty simple yet absolutely ravishing.
What are the main ingredients for making the achari mutton recipe?
The key ingredients that are needed for making this dish are
- Lemon Juice
among other things that you can find in the recipe card below.
Pro Tips / Important Things to remember while making this achari mutton recipe
Step by Step Pictorial Process of making the Achari Gosht Recipe
1.Take the mutton pieces in a pressure cooker. Add the ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder and salt to it. Next, add in the required amount of water to it and close the lid of the pressure cooker. Cook until the mutton is done or for about 5 to 6 whistles.
2. Allow the cooker to cool and open the lid. Cook until all the water is dried up from the mutton.
3. Take the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and methi seeds in a pan and dry roast lightly till a nice aroma emanates from the spices. Once these seeds are roasted, allow them to cool.
4. Transfer the cooled spices to a mixie jar and add the garlic and red chili powder.
5. Grind to make a paste. Set aside this achari masala paste. You can start preparing this achari masala while your mutton is getting cooked. That would save you time.
6. Take a pan and heat oil in it. Add the whole green chili, whole red chili and mustard seeds. Once the mustard seeds start spluterring, add the achari masala paste to it.
7. Fry this paste well and add the cooked mutton. Fry well till the mutton browns.
8. Finally, add in the lemon juice and vinegar to it and fry well. Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.
Serve this achari gosht recipe along with roti or plain hot rice with khatti dal.
You can serve this hot immediately or at room temperature. It stays good for a couple of days and can be easily packed along when on a journey.
More similar recipes:
How to make the Achar Gosht Recipe
Achar Gosht Recipe
Watch the Video
What You Need:
- 500 gms mutton, cleaned and cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
To Roast & Grind
- 2 tsp cumin seeds/jeera
- 1 tsp methi seeds, fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 small sized pod garlic, peeled
- 1 tsp red chili powder
To Make Achari Gosht Recipe
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 whole red chili
- 2 green chili
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vinegar
How To Make:
Making Achari Masala
- Dry roast the methi seeds, cumin seeds, and mustard seeds lightly till a nice aroma emanates from them. Once they are roasted, allow to cool. Grind all the roasted spices along with garlic and red chili powder in a mixie jar. Set aside this achari masala.
How to make the achari gosht recipe
- Cook mutton in a pressure cooker along with turmeric powder, salt and ginger garlic paste till tender or about 5-6 whistles. Open the lid and cook until all the water is dried up from the mutton.
- Heat oil in a pan and add green chili, red chili, and mustard seeds and fry till mustard seeds start spluttering.
- Stir in the ground achari masala and fry well. Next, add the cooked mutton and fry well till the mutton is brown.
- Add the lemon juice, vinegar, and stir it well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot with rice, khichdi or chapati
- Wash the mutton with turmeric powder, wheat flour and vinegar to remove the raw non-veg smell from it.
- You can adjust the spice level according to your preference.
Nutrition Value: (estimates)
Signing off until next time,
This recipe was originally published in February of 2016. New Image, Step by step photos and video have been added for better understanding. The recipe has been made printable in December 2018.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to email@example.com.
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave your comment below and give a star rating.
Snap a picture and send it to our Facebook page.