Tawa Pulao Recipe, How to make Tawa Pulao Recipe, Recipe for Tawa Pulao
Yes, you heard that right. Tawa Pulao Recipe. A pulao made on the tawa. Now you might be wondering how it is possible. Well, this pulao is much different from the other pulao recipes as it is cooked on a tawa and apart from other spices, pav bhaji masala is added to this pulao for the yummy flavor.
Tawa Pulao recipe is a quick and easy to make recipe. You can make this with the leftover rice. Tawa Pulao is a very popular street food in India.
You would find the the street vendors cooking up a delicious Tawa Pulao on very large tawa. It is a delight to watch them swiftly mix in the vegetables, spices and rice. Most of the time, it is made in the same tawa as the pav bhaji masala tawa.
Mix in the vegetables of your choice. Add the pav bhaji powder and rice.. And tada!!! your tawa pulao is ready to serve with raita for a complete meal
Let’s start our Tawa Pulao Recipe-How to make Tawa Pulao Recipe
Ingredients for tawa pulao recipe
- 2 cups basmati rice or long grained rice, cooked
- 1 green capsicum/ bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red red capsicum
- 2 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4tsp turmeric powder/haldi
- 2 tsp pav bhaji masala
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds/jeera
- 2 tbsp butter or oil
- 1 medium potato, boiled and cubed
- 1/2 cup green peas/matar
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice or as required
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves/cilantro
- salt to taste
Method for making tawa pulao
- Heat butter or oil in a pan and saute ½ tsp cumin till they get browned.
- Add the onion and fry till translucent
- Add the ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell vanishes.
- Stir in tomatoes, capsicum, coriander leaves, peas and pav bhaji masala. Mix well.
- Add in potatoes and rice and mix it gently without breaking the rice. Add lemon juice. Serve hot with raita
Please don’t forget to like and comment if you like this recipe.For receiving exciting new recipes, subscribe to this blog.
Signing off until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
If you see any inappropriate ads on my blog, please use the report button at the bottom of the ad or send me the url to email@example.com. Appreciate your help.