Hyderabadi Mutton Dum Biryani, easy and delicious. There is nothing that can match the taste of this dish
Learn to prepare the hyderabadi mutton dum biryani recipe in the most simple way possible. There are various names for this biryani recipe. Hyderabadi Dum Biryani Recipe, Mutton Dum Biryani Recipe, kachay gosht ki biryani but whatever the name, this amazing royal biryani has to be a show stopper.
No Muslim marriage, function or festival is complete without the Hyderabadi Mutton Dum Biryani. A legendary dish from the kitchens of the Nizam of Hyderabad. Hyderabadi mutton biryani or kachay gosht ki biryani is a spicey, fragrant and colourful variant of biryani found in various parts of the world. You must have a plate of biryani atleast once in your life to feel it.
I can assure you that you will feel like a royalty with this Hyderabadi Mutton Dum Biryani. Try this hyderabadi mutton dum biryani or kachay gosht ki biryyani at home and enjoy the relishing and exquisite taste of this delectable dish.
In this Hyderabadi Dum Biryani Recipe, marination is the key. The longer you marinade, the more tender the mutton. You need to marinade for atleast 6 hours. I mix in all the spices the night before and cook the following day. I feel there is less work on that day!! (??!!) Making Biryani is one of the easiest and elegant recipe for me. Marinate the mutton a day before, just cook the rice, add in the mutton biryani masala.. Leave it on dum.. and relax.. And enjoy your delicious Hyderabadi Mutton dum biryani.. Serve it with raita or try this amazing mirchi ka salan from krishrecipes
Let’s start our Hyderabadi Mutton Dum Biryani recipe or kachay gosht ki Biryani. halal food recipes
Ingredients for making hyderabadi mutton dum biryani
- 1 kg basmati rice, washed and soaked in water for half to one hour.
- 1 kg mutton, cut into medium sizes (learn how to remove raw smell from the mutton)
- 1/2 cup oil or ghee
- 4 onions, finely slices
- 2 green chilies
- 5 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 cups yogurt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- salt to taste
- whole garam masala (1 bay leaf, 1 inch stick cinnamon, 2 cardamom, 2 cloves, 1 teaspoon shahi jeera, 1 teaspoon cumin seeds)
- handful of mint and coriander leaves
- red food coloring or saffron soaked in milk(optional)
Method for making hyderabadi dum biryani
- Heat the oil/ghee and fry the onions until brown.
- Add the onions to the mutton along with green chilies, ginger garlic paste, yogurt, chili powder, coriander powder, salt to taste, mint and coriander leaves. Marinate this for 24 hours or atleast overnight.
- Fill a large vessel with ¾th water. Add 2 teaspoon oil, salt and garam masala.
- Bring it to a boil and add rice.
- When the rice starts boiling, cook for a further minute and switch off the flame. Don’t drain the water as this will allow the rice to cook further while you transfer it to the mutton mariante.
- Place the marinated mutton in a large pan to cook the Dum Biryani.
- Transfer the half cooked rice on top of the marinated mutton by a small strainer. By the time you have transferred the whole rice, the bottom layer would be cooked 50% and the top layer would have cooked 70%.
- Garnish with coriander and mint leaves on top. Drizzle 2 teaspoon ghee on the rice. Mix in the food coloring or saffron now.
- Cover with foil, place the lid and keep a timer, cook on HIGH flame for 5 MINUTES.
- LOWER the flame and cook for 10 MINUTES.
- Place a tawa on low heat and keep the pan and cook for further 20 minutes. Switch off the heat.
- Wait for sometime before you open the lid. Mix very gently.
- Enjoy your delicious Hyderabadi Mutton Dum biryani with raita or mirchi ka salan