السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Chicken Manchurian Gravy Recipe– Continuing with my Indo-Chinese cuisine here is another popular Indo-Chinese Recipe, the Chicken Manchurian recipe. The chicken manchurian recipe is definitely a must try with the chicken fried rice. I always make it with either the egg fried rice or the chicken fried rice. As I mentioned before, for me, fried rice without the manchurian seems incomplete.
Chicken Manchurian Gravy recipe is made from chicken, which is first fried and then again cooked in a sauce. If you are looking for a veg version then you can try my veg manchurian recipe and the veg fried rice recipe combo for a veggie delight.
This Indo Chinese recipe of Chicken Manchurian recipe pairs very well even with some steamed rice or plain noodles.
Let’s get started with the step by step Chicken Manchurian Gravy Recipe
1.Firstly cut the boneless chicken into medium size pieces.
2. In a bowl mix together the dry ingredients for making the batter.
3. Add water to the dry ingredients to form a smooth batter without any lumps.
4. Dip the cut chicken pieces in the batter until well coated. Fry the coated chicken pieces in hot oil one by one.
5.. While frying the chicken pieces might start to stick to each other due to the cornflour. So keep stirring the chicken pieces lightly while frying, so that they don’t stick to each other. Fry until they turn golden brown.
6. Remove the golden fried chicken with a slotted spoon and drain onto kitchen tissues.
7. Remove the extra oil from the pan and keep about 2 tbsp oil in the same pan. Add chopped spring onions and fry until translucent.
8. Add chopped ginger, garlic and green chilies. Stir fry on a medium flame for a minute. Add veg stock or water.
9.Add soy sauce, along with red chili sauce, tomato sauce, salt and pepper and stir well.
10. Let the sauce simmer and then add corn flour/corn starch paste. Stir and simmer for few minutes till the sauce thickens and the flour gets cooked. Add vinegar, salt, sugar and the fried chicken pieces. Let it simmer for a minute. Add the fried chicken pieces and simmer for a minute. Serve Chicken Manchurian Gravy hot garnished with spring onion greens and chicken fried rice
Until next time,
Help us provide you with more recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.
For more similar recipes see Veg Fried Rice Recipe-Vegetarian Fried Rice Recipe Easy CHICKEN FRIED RICE recipe Crispy Chilli Paneer Dry Recipe Chilli Chicken